Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » What version to support Python, Vi, Git, Font Rezing
What version to support Python, Vi, Git, Font Rezing [message #1730256] Fri, 22 April 2016 18:31 Go to next message
Ben Harper is currently offline Ben HarperFriend
Trying to give switching from pycharm to eclipse another go again using the latest version. This is as close as I've gotten to working thru all the quirky nuances and it being a viable ide for work.

I need the following support at a minimum:

pydev (working)
viplugin (working)
git (somewhat working, still working thru issues)
Font resizing and/or some form of editor zooming (not working)

I'd also like support for bash scripts w/o it opening an external editor. (I can live w/o this)

I've searched and tried everything I can find about font resizing and zoom capabilities and nothing works.

Anyone have any suggestions?

FYI: I'm on Ubuntu Mate. (14, 15 or 16 I'll use any of them if I can get this tool into a robust configuration)

I've had to force eclipse to use GTK 2.x (on Ubuntu 16). I've tried using oracle java 7 and oracle java 8.

Is there *any* combination of eclipse versions and plugins that can achieve this?

Thx
Re: What version to support Python, Vi, Git, Font Rezing [message #1730261 is a reply to message #1730256] Fri, 22 April 2016 19:28 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Quick font zooming is available in the Neon milestones. See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=476037
As noted in one of the comments, Lars has ported the zooming into his Saneclipse plugins so you could install them into an Eclipse Mars release if you don't want to be an early adopter for Neon. See http://saneclipse.vogella.com/
Previous Topic:Now that we have Linux convergence with BQ Aquaris M10...
Next Topic:64 bit won't install
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:09:04 GMT 2024