Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » How to test new custom ProjectCatalog?
icon12.gif  How to test new custom ProjectCatalog? [message #1729977] Wed, 20 April 2016 16:10 Go to next message
Michael Vorburger is currently offline Michael VorburgerFriend
Messages: 103
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello Oomph-ers,

So I'm working on https://github.com/vorburger/opendaylight-eclipse-setup with the goal of "giving Oomph" to the hundreds of Java projects of https://www.opendaylight.org which are spread across 80+ Git repos in https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/admin/projects/

Inspired by the structure from http://git.eclipse.org/c/oomph/org.eclipse.oomph.git/tree/setups/ I've created an org.opendaylight.projects.setup which is a ProjectCatalog containing e.g. a <project href="projects/vpnservice.setup#/"/> (and 80 more like this later) where projects/vpnservice.setup is a Project having a <logicalProjectContainer xsi:type="setup:ProjectCatalog" href="../org.opendaylight.projects.setup#/"/>

Q1: Does this kind of structure make sense? Any comments / changes you would make to the basic outline above how I can now try this out locally while putting this together?

Q2: Now I'm stuck how to test this - the "Eclipse Installer" UI only has Add User Products and User Projects, but no way of adding a new custom setup:ProjectCatalog .. I must be missing something obvious?

Thank you!!!
M.
Re: How to test new custom ProjectCatalog? [message #1730031 is a reply to message #1729977] Thu, 21 April 2016 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 30993
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Michael,

Comments below.

On 20.04.2016 18:10, Michael Vorburger wrote:
> Hello Oomph-ers,
>
> So I'm working on
> https://github.com/vorburger/opendaylight-eclipse-setup with the goal
> of "giving Oomph" to the hundreds of Java projects of
> https://www.opendaylight.org which are spread across 80+ Git repos in
> https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/admin/projects/
Is all that open source? We can consider adding more public catalogs...
>
> Inspired by the structure from
> http://git.eclipse.org/c/oomph/org.eclipse.oomph.git/tree/setups/ I've
> created an org.opendaylight.projects.setup which is a ProjectCatalog
> containing e.g. a <project href="projects/vpnservice.setup#/"/> (and
> 80 more like this later) where projects/vpnservice.setup is a Project
> having a <logicalProjectContainer xsi:type="setup:ProjectCatalog"
> href="../org.opendaylight.projects.setup#/"/>
>
> Q1: Does this kind of structure make sense? Any comments / changes you
> would make to the basic outline above how I can now try this out
> locally while putting this together?
Sounds like what we've done...
>
> Q2: Now I'm stuck how to test this - the "Eclipse Installer" UI only
> has Add User Products and User Projects, but no way of adding a new
> custom setup:ProjectCatalog .. I must be missing something obvious?
We do provide two redirectable catalogs, e.g.,

http://git.eclipse.org/c/oomph/org.eclipse.oomph.git/tree/setups/redirectable.projects.setup

so with a
-Doomph.redirection.whatever=http://git.eclipse.org/c/oomph/org.eclipse.oomph.git/tree/setups/redirectable.projects.setup-><your-project-catalog-uri>
you can virtually add it to the common index.
>
> Thank you!!!
> M.
Re: How to test new custom ProjectCatalog? [message #1730129 is a reply to message #1730031] Thu, 21 April 2016 15:00 Go to previous message
Michael Vorburger is currently offline Michael VorburgerFriend
Messages: 103
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
> Is all that open source? We can consider adding more public catalogs...

Yep, OpenDaylight is 100% source - Linux Foundation and all. Would LOVE to have this showing up in the Installer out-of-the-box - I'll send you a Gerrit, once this all works..

> We do provide two redirectable catalogs

With -Doomph.redirection.opendaylight=index:/redirectable.projects.setup->file:/home/vorburger/dev/ODL-byOomph/git/opendaylight-eclipse-setup/org.opendaylight.projects.setup, note using index:/redirectable.projects.setup instead of http://git.eclipse.org/c/oomph/org.eclipse.oomph.git/tree/setups/redirectable.projects.setup, as someone documented on https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Oomph_Authoring#Hosting_your_own_index_.2F_catalogs (RTFM first next time..), it does now show up a new catalog, but it's EMPTY.

What's VERY STRANGE is that it's not empty and seems to work (more tests TBD) if I refer to the SAME setup by adding a new <projectCatalog href="file:/home/vorburger/dev/ODL-byOomph/git/opendaylight-eclipse-setup/org.opendaylight.projects.setup#/"/> before the <projectCatalog href="redirectable.projects.setup#/"/> of org.eclipse.setup in an Oomph'd Oomph development workspace (you don't even have to launch a IDE or Setup - because org.eclipse.setup is redirected). So I know once I'm done and send you a Gerrit it should work for others in the end - but why does the redirectable.projects.setup not work (Catalog showing, but empty)? For local testing by beta testers, without having to have a full Oomph'd Oomph development workspace, and until we have a merged Gerrit, that would still be very handy... help! Wink

PS just FYI others: One also has to remember, and I forgot, to enable such new catalogs by selecting it in the folders icon of the drop-down in the upper right hand corner of the wizard's Projects page, otherwise it will be invisible. I've updated the Wiki about that.
Previous Topic:Preference priorities
Next Topic:How to achieve 'inheritance' of products ?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Mar 29 13:19:10 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01921 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top