Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » [neon] AbstractSearchOutline and custom outline
[neon] AbstractSearchOutline and custom outline [message #1729425] Thu, 14 April 2016 06:05 Go to next message
Aqua Macboy is currently offline Aqua MacboyFriend
I noticed that in Eclipse Scout Neon there is an "AbstractSearchOutline". Is there any way to customize it or how could I create my own "Outline Type" with some special fields and items?
Re: [neon] AbstractSearchOutline and custom outline [message #1729470 is a reply to message #1729425] Thu, 14 April 2016 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Of course you can.

You need a normal Outline and a View Button on the Desktop.

index.php/fa/25674/0/

The View Button code looks like this (DisplayStyle is important):

@Order(2001)
public class MyOutlineViewButton extends AbstractOutlineViewButton {

public MyOutlineViewButton() {
		this(MyOutline.class);
	}

protected MyOutlineViewButton(Class<? extends MyOutline> outlineClass) {
		super(Desktop.this, outlineClass);
	}

@Override
	protected DisplayStyle getConfiguredDisplayStyle() {
		return DisplayStyle.TAB;
	}
}
  • Attachment: Tabs.png
    (Size: 5.53KB, Downloaded 314 times)
Re: [neon] AbstractSearchOutline and custom outline [message #1729487 is a reply to message #1729470] Thu, 14 April 2016 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your answer, but perhaps my question was not clear.

I would like to know how to change "MyOutline", e.g. use a form there. E.g. the AbstractSearchOutline behaves different, how could I create my own outline containing a form?
Re: [neon] AbstractSearchOutline and custom outline [message #1729526 is a reply to message #1729487] Fri, 15 April 2016 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andre Wegmueller is currently offline Andre WegmuellerFriend
I think your question here and the other question here are related, so I try to answer both.

Currently we're developing a flexible layout manager for the "bench" area of the application. The bench is the part of the application that contains the tables or form-tabs. In the DOM it is the element which has the "desktop-bench" class. Until now the bench can only have a table or form that fills the whole area, which means it has only one rather static layout that cannot be exchanged easily without writing code in the JavaScript layer. When the new feature is done we can exchange the layout manager for the bench and we will also provide a new layout manager that works similar to the desktop-grid-layout used in older Scout applications (3x3 grid).

Additionally you'll be able to change the visibility of the header and navigation areas, so you could make a Scout application that shows only the bench with a single form.

Both features should be available in the Scout 6.x release.

For your question about having a form below the navigation-tree: currently it's not planned to add more flexibility in the navigation-area (which contains the outline-tree). As you've already noticed, we made a custom outline that renders additional fields in the UI for a specific outline. For that you must provide a custom outline-widget impl. in JavaScript which inherits from Outline.js. Depending on your requirements this could also work for you, but it's not a simple task, because you must have some know-how about our JavaScript UI layer. But the SearchOutline.js is a pretty good example and starting point, if you want to give it a try.

Basically you would need:
- OutlineWithForm.java
- JsonOutlineWithForm.java
- OutlineWithForm.js

You should also take a look at the (wip) guide about building custom widgets.

Perhaps we'll make a feature to add a form or a Scout component to the navigation part in a later release. Personally I think that would be useful. But currently there's nothing planned.

Eclipse Scout Homepage | Documentation | GitHub
Re: [neon] AbstractSearchOutline and custom outline [message #1729530 is a reply to message #1729526] Fri, 15 April 2016 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats great news, thank you Andre. Is the currently developed layout manager feature somewhere on a feature branch or is it closed development?
Re: [neon] AbstractSearchOutline and custom outline [message #1729541 is a reply to message #1729530] Fri, 15 April 2016 09:11 Go to previous message
Andre Wegmueller is currently offline Andre WegmuellerFriend
No, development of the feature is quite open Smile But it happens on a separate branch and it is still in an early state. So it's probably not (yet) a good idea to build something that depends on that branch. But feel free to have a look at it, if you'd like to see what happens there.

Eclipse Scout Homepage | Documentation | GitHub
Previous Topic:eclipse gef
Next Topic:[NEON] Internal ui error (code J0) when opening a form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:16:10 GMT 2024