Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » How to search on project names?
How to search on project names? [message #1728809] Thu, 07 April 2016 14:18
Paul Roubekas is currently offline Paul RoubekasFriend
How to search on project names?

Read carefully here, I am not asking about file names or text inside files, I know how to do that.

I have a need to rename all my projects that have ".abc" at the end to ".zxy" at the end. I have over 200 project to search through.

Filter on the Package Explorer view doesn't work because it only allows for what to exclude, not what to include. Beside that there is no Project Name option.

Filter on the Navigator views don't work because it only lists two options that are check boxes, not a search string.

File search does not work because it does not look at the project name, just text in the file and file names in the project, not the project name itself.

Java search does not work because the projects I need to change are not Java Projects and the "Search for" radio button group does not have "project name"

Plug-in search has the same issues as Java Search.

A Google search did not put up anything either.

Yes, I know, I could go out to the file system and filter on folder names. But that still involves me manually picking each project in Eclipse. And since I am human I might miss one.

Oxygen 3a
Windows 10
Previous Topic:eclipse.log.level in product file's configuration tab is not working
Next Topic:fix product export for macos in maven build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 15:12:55 GMT 2024