Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » javaw.exe and eclipse.exe processes are not released when Eclipse exits (specific plugins issue)
javaw.exe and eclipse.exe processes are not released when Eclipse exits (specific plugins issue) [message #1728543] Tue, 05 April 2016 10:22 Go to next message
Gidi Gal is currently offline Gidi GalFriend
Hello to the forum members,

I am developing Eclipse plugins. I am testing my plugins with Eclipse 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 versions. I saw in these versions that both javaw.exe and eclipse.exe processes are not released when Eclipse exits. This happens when my plugins are loaded as part of Eclipse (I copy them to the dropins folder). I compared with Eclipse 4.2.2 version and this problem cannot be reproduced there - the processes are released successfully.

I tested on 4.5.2 also a formal installation of my plugins instead of using the dropins folder and got the same results. This does not seem to be an issue related to dropins folder.

I'll be grateful for any thoughts on how to debug this issue. Any pointers to code in-charge of the release of these processes ? Any log files that eclipse generates and might shed some light on this issue ?

Many thanks in advance,
Gidi

[Updated on: Wed, 06 April 2016 14:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: javaw.exe and eclipse.exe processes are not released when Eclipse exits (specific plugins issue) [message #1728834 is a reply to message #1728543] Thu, 07 April 2016 17:56 Go to previous message
Gidi Gal is currently offline Gidi GalFriend
More info on this issue in osgi post:
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1728833/#msg_1728833
Previous Topic:Re: installation problem
Next Topic:Nothing to merge when contributing to popup menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:34:32 GMT 2024