Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Need to override OS file separator without changing code(How to get -DFile.separator to be recognized eclipse/tomcat)
Need to override OS file separator without changing code [message #1728180] Thu, 31 March 2016 15:37 Go to next message
BARB Switzer is currently offline BARB SwitzerFriend
Prod code runs on UNIX, but need to run local DEV on windows.

The current code gets a path in UNIX format from a DB then builds on that path using file.separator which adds windows separators causing the ftp to fail as path for target is formatted incorrectly. ex: /incoming/ri-etl\DEV\Rulebooks/tate_rbid_1715_retest

/incoming/ri-etl from a DB setting

\DEV\Rulebooks built in code using file separator.

Since other team uses MAC OS for Dev they do not see the issue locally. Tried to overide the path.separator using -DFile.Separator=\/ (and other variations) in Tomact ARGS, JAVA_OPTS and CATALINA OPTS with no success.

I think if I can force the UNIX format Windows will accept and FTP will work. FTP will not accept a path all built in the WINDOWS format.

I am running TOMCAT from within ECLIPSE (TOMCAT 8, Java 7, Eclipse MARS).

Any ideas?
Re: Need to override OS file separator without changing code [message #1728190 is a reply to message #1728180] Thu, 31 March 2016 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
This really isn't an Eclipse question; you'd do better to ask on a general programming forum such as stackoverflow.com
Re: Need to override OS file separator without changing code [message #1728214 is a reply to message #1728190] Thu, 31 March 2016 23:29 Go to previous message
BARB Switzer is currently offline BARB SwitzerFriend
Thanks I will re-post on stack overflow..
Previous Topic:Eclipse hanging and freezing
Next Topic:Re: acceleo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:40:58 GMT 2024