Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » [neon] Suggestion for JEE conform login procedure
[neon] Suggestion for JEE conform login procedure [message #1728144] Thu, 31 March 2016 11:14 Go to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
We are using standard JEE security provided by the Web Application Server (Tomcat and/or Websphere). In order to make this work, we had to adjust the following parts of LoginBox.js:

Original Scout code:
[...snipped...]
  this.$form = $('<form>')
    .attr('action', 'auth')
    .attr('method', 'post')
    .submit(this._onLoginFormSubmit.bind(this))
    .appendTo(this.$content);
[...snipped...]
  var url = this.$form.attr('action');
  var data = {
    user: this.$user.val(),
    password: this.$password.val()
  };
[...snipped...]

Our modified code:
[...snipped...]
  this.$form = $('<form>')
    .attr('action', 'j_security_check')
    .attr('method', 'post')
    .submit(this._onLoginFormSubmit.bind(this))
    .appendTo(this.$content);
[...snipped...]
  var url = this.$form.attr('action');
  var data = {
    j_username: this.$user.val(),
    j_password: this.$password.val()
  };
[...snipped...]

Wouldn't it be possible to make your own authentication filter work with j_security_check, j_username and j_password instead of auth, user and password. This way, the standard container provided security mechanisms could be used out of the box without the need to modify LoginBox.js.

[Updated on: Thu, 31 March 2016 11:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [neon] Suggestion for JEE conform login procedure [message #1728224 is a reply to message #1728144] Fri, 01 April 2016 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
I assume you included <form-login-config> and <security-constraint> into your web.xml, right? I didn't even know that JEE authentication works with ajax calls.

I'm not sure if we should switch to JEE conform naming by default, because I don't know whether this is just working by accident or really intended by the JEE container. Maybe we could make the endpoint and variables configurable or add a jee mode option.
Re: [neon] Suggestion for JEE conform login procedure [message #1728380 is a reply to message #1728224] Mon, 04 April 2016 05:57 Go to previous message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
Yes, we did add <form-login-config> and <security-constraint> sections to the web.xml.

My thought for making the suggestion was that anyone who needs to do container based authentication will need to make those changes to the login.js file. Though they are minor, for someone new to Scout Neon it can take a while to figure it out.
Previous Topic:[NEON] - Working with database?
Next Topic:[neon][ide] local lookup call
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:50:46 GMT 2024