Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » there is no option:"standard gdb hardware debugging launcher", why?(set the gdb debug opiton error)
there is no option:"standard gdb hardware debugging launcher", why? [message #1728004] Wed, 30 March 2016 07:58 Go to next message
Chevy Hu is currently offline Chevy HuFriend
Hello,

I uses Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers(Version: Mars.2 Release (4.5.2)) for debug arm platform with GDB debuger.

When I set the debug options, there is only GSF hardware debugging launcher and legacy GDB debugging launcher options. There's no the "standard gdb hardware debugging launcher" option, but the old version of eclipse did have this opion, why?

I need the "standard gdb hardware debugging launcher" option to debug my program, any help for me?
Re: there is no option:"standard gdb hardware debugging launcher", why? [message #1728039 is a reply to message #1728004] Wed, 30 March 2016 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
noa regev is currently offline noa regevFriend
OMG i have the same problem too... this is bugging me all day.
why is it missing?!
  • Attachment: gdb conf.PNG
    (Size: 102.08KB, Downloaded 550 times)
Re: there is no option:"standard gdb hardware debugging launcher", why? [message #1728063 is a reply to message #1728039] Wed, 30 March 2016 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
The "standard gdb hardware debugging launcher" has been renamed to "Legacy GDB hardware debugging launcher". It is exactly what the old "standard" was one.

Note that in June, as part of the CDT 9.0/Neon, this Legacy launcher will be completely removed.
Is there a reason you need that one instead of our standard DSF one?

Marc
Re: there is no option:"standard gdb hardware debugging launcher", why? [message #1728097 is a reply to message #1728063] Thu, 31 March 2016 02:51 Go to previous message
Chevy Hu is currently offline Chevy HuFriend
I tried the "Legacy GDB hardware debugging launcher" option, it can't load debug code but just read something from gdb server, it's not the same by the "standard GDB hardware debugging launcher", I uses the same configure for them, but the legacy GDB option is not works corretly.
Previous Topic:deploying C++ project to run outside development computer
Next Topic:Eclipsec error message
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:23:39 GMT 2024