Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Installing C++ IDE in Java IDE(How to install C++ in another version)
Installing C++ IDE in Java IDE [message #1727942] Tue, 29 March 2016 15:27 Go to next message
Angelo tr is currently offline Angelo trFriend
How can I install all function of C/C++ IDE in a Java version? I've tried to install the java IDE and the C++ one, and the to add the "new software" with the specific menu: like a copy and paste from the C++ version to Java one. But some of them are missing from the list...
[for exmple

CDT Standalone Debugger Support 9.0.0.201602011105 org.eclipse.cdt.debug.standalone.feature.group Eclipse CDT

is missing].

There are a way to merge the two version of eclipse??
Re: Installing C++ IDE in Java IDE [message #1727974 is a reply to message #1727942] Wed, 30 March 2016 03:48 Go to previous message
Cole Markham is currently offline Cole MarkhamFriend

Great news. This is actually a very simple thing to do. I tested with both Mars and Neon.

1. Install the first package, either Java or CDT. I prefer to use the Eclipse Installer, but you can download the package too.
  2. Choose "Help->Install new software"
  3. Select the Eclipse Packages update site. If you didn't use the installer, you may have to add this site. Choose the appropriate url depending on which version you installed.

4. Uncheck "Group items by category" - This will show the items in the main view.
  5. Select the package you want and finish the install wizard.

https://ccmcomputing.net/media/EPP_install.png
Previous Topic:Can not run compiled exe
Next Topic:Simple C++ shared library using autotools on CDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:39:19 GMT 2024