|Java Web Programmer [message #1727759]
||Sat, 26 March 2016 23:18
| Adrian Diaconescu
Registered: March 2016
Vacancy Announcement No: WIPO/16/P3/TA041|
Title: Software Engineer
Company: World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Salary: 100'000 (tax free) + excellent benefits
Appointment/Contract type: Temporary appointment
Duration: one year
Publication Date: 22 March 2016
Application Deadline: 5 April 2016
Organizational Unit: Patent Database Section
Global Databases Division, Global Infrastructure Sector
The position is located in the Patent Database Section, within the Global Databases Division. This Section is responsible for developing and maintaining the PATENTSCOPE system.
PATENTSCOPE (patentscope.wipo.int), one of WIPO's global databases, is a patent search system providing public access to the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) applications in full text format and national patent collections contributed by offices with whom agreements have been reached.
The main role of the incumbent is to develop new functionality in the PATENTSCOPE system, taking benefit from the latest advances in open source software and from the enrichment of the patent raw data available from participating patent offices.
The incumbent works under the supervision of the Head of the Patent Database Section, in collaboration with the Heads of the other sections within the division.
The incumbent performs the following principal duties:
(a) Undertake the analysis, design and implementation of new functionality, such as new web interface features, new prior art search strategies, new data display components and new data visualization, aggregation and statistics for the PATENTSCOPE system, as well as improvements to the existing functionality.
(b) Keep the PATENTSCOPE system in synchronization with the evolution of the software libraries employed (SOLR, JSF, JFreeChart) and propose improvements.
(c) Evaluate new libraries to use in PATENTSCOPE and propose and justify possible migrations.
(d) Specify, test and integrate new software modules to be integrated in PATENTSCOPE for which the development is outsourced.
(e) Design, develop and maintain testing procedures and technical documentation for the new developed functionality.
(f) Maintain technical expertise by keeping up to date with new technology, assess applications and make proposals to supervisor.
(g) Perform other related duties as required.
WIPO Core Competencies
1. Communicating effectively.
2. Respecting individual and cultural differences.
3. Showing team spirit.
4. Managing yourself.
5. Producing results.
6. Embracing change.
7. Respecting ethics and values.
First-level university degree in computer science or information technology.
Certification in JAVA, UNIX, system architecture, Prince2 and/or web application design, Eclipse IDE proficient.
At least six years of experience developing complex web systems with innovative functionality.
Experience in developing internet search systems based on Lucene/SOLR.
Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English.
Knowledge of other UN official languages.
Annual salary: (Net of tax)
61,470 USD (with primary dependants) Post adjustment: 82.8 % of the above figure(s). This percentage is to be considered as indicative since variations may occur each month either upwards or downwards due to currency exchange rate fluctuations or inflation.
- In the event that your candidature is shortlisted, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of an identification and of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WIPO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and these will be reviewed individually.
- Salaries and allowances are paid in Swiss francs at the official rate of exchange of the United Nations.
- Please note that the salary is composed of the base salary (indicated above as "Annual/Monthly Salary") + the post adjustment. The post adjustment is designed to compensate the differences in living costs, thereby providing the staff with the same purchasing power at all duty stations. It is expressed as a percentage of the base salary.
-Temporary appointments are renewable, subject to continuing needs, availability of budget and satisfactory performance with a maximum cumulative length of two years.
- This vacancy announcement is available in English only.
Additional testing/interviewing may be used as a form of screening.
**Please refer to WIPO's Staff Regulation and Rules for detailed information concerning salaries, benefits and allowances.
Applications from qualified women candidates are encouraged.
**The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower than that advertised.
**Initial appointment is subject to a satisfactory medical examination.
**Not applicable for interns and to Individual Contractual Service subscribers.
For further instructions regarding the online application process, please visit the WIPO internet page at: erecruit.wipo.int
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.07058 seconds