Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Duplicate rows in Joint Dataset(Getting duplicate rows in Joint DataSet)
Duplicate rows in Joint Dataset [message #1727758] Sat, 26 March 2016 22:59 Go to next message
JP Redro is currently offline JP RedroFriend

Hi Experts,

I am using BIRT 4.3.1 and DatSource is XML file. As per our requirement i am joining two datastes using left outer join, while fetching data using Joint dataset, i am getting duplicate rows when the invoice have two payments. Meaning
Invoice number is 1234 then the corresponding two payments have same invoice number like 1234. When i am joining two datasets (Invoices and payments) i am getting invoice is twice. Please suggest me how to remove that duplicate rows. Also attached is the sample report and xml source file.
index.php/fa/25432/0/

Thanks,
JP

[Updated on: Sat, 26 March 2016 23:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Duplicate rows in Joint Dataset [message #1727868 is a reply to message #1727758] Mon, 28 March 2016 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Sheets is currently offline Jerry SheetsFriend
You are getting the duplicates because the tables are only joined on invoice number. (I haven't used XML before and I don't see how to join on more than one one column, so there may be a better way to do this.) Try the attached and see if it does what you want. I just created a group based on concatenating INV_NUM and TRX_DATE then moved the columns from the detail line to the group. If you ever have more than one payment per day on an invoice, you might need to include the reference or some other column(s) to make the group unique.

Hope this helps.
Re: Duplicate rows in Joint Dataset [message #1728020 is a reply to message #1727868] Wed, 30 March 2016 09:46 Go to previous message
JP Redro is currently offline JP RedroFriend

Thanks For reply,

I have tried that scenario, but we are getting wrong totals while calculating.

Thanks,
JP
Previous Topic:Birt eclipse designer 4.2.2 64 bits for Linux
Next Topic:Birt for Maximo Mobility
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:32:29 GMT 2024