Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Andmore » Debugging problems
Debugging problems [message #1727377] Tue, 22 March 2016 14:24 Go to next message
Harry Krak is currently offline Harry KrakFriend
Switched from ADT to Andmore because my phone upgraded to 6 and have had nothing but problems since. I am particularly getting sick of this

Can't bind to local 8601 for debugger
ddmlib] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

Any ideas?
Re: Debugging problems [message #1727493 is a reply to message #1727377] Wed, 23 March 2016 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Making some slight progress.
Windows->preferences->DDMS
I changed the port to 8700. Seems to like that one for some reason. Do not know why the change worked, the previous port was good enough in the past.
Re: Debugging problems [message #1727508 is a reply to message #1727493] Wed, 23 March 2016 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are also a lot more debugging options in the developer menu on the device. I went through quite a few variations before I could get my desktop and device talking to each other. I think the key ones were specifying the app to be debugged and 'wait for debugger'.
Re: Debugging problems [message #1727533 is a reply to message #1727508] Wed, 23 March 2016 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Currently:
I have to delete adb.exe from process manager between every run to stop the host device disconnecting. And if that does not work, unplug and reattach the device.
Re: Debugging problems [message #1727712 is a reply to message #1727533] Fri, 25 March 2016 16:01 Go to previous message
Think I have figured it. Marshmallow apps are now required to check manifest permissions in code. I was not doing this so after the first attempt to run, the device would no longer talk to the app whilst it was being debugged. Hence the 'aborted by host' error.
Considering this is such an important and major change to the way android works I expected there to be a lot more documentation and warnings and flag waving and just letting developers know.
This bit of code in the onCreate method, which I know defeats the purpose of the change but I am just trying to debug the bastard, gets it working

int perm_check = checkSelfPermission(Manifest.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION);

if (perm_check != PackageManager.PERMISSION_GRANTED)
{
requestPermissions(new String[]{Manifest.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION,
Manifest.permission.INTERNET,
Manifest.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE}, 1);
}
Previous Topic:Starting with Andmore
Next Topic:neon (not working)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:04:04 GMT 2024