Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » How to persist setVisible/setToBeRendered changes across restarts?
How to persist setVisible/setToBeRendered changes across restarts? [message #1726536] Mon, 14 March 2016 13:43 Go to next message
Andreas Sewe is currently offline Andreas SeweFriend
Hi,

I suspect I am missing something obvious, but I can't get this to work: I have a Tool Control in a Trim Contribution. Programmatically, I can cause it to vanish using MToolControl.setVisible/setToBeRendered, a change which is immediately reflected in the UI.

Alas, this change is not persisted across restarts. How to accomplish this?

FWIW, I've tried using different values of fragment/@apply in my plugin.xml, but to no avail.

Best wishes,

Andreas
Re: How to persist setVisible/setToBeRendered changes across restarts? [message #1729146 is a reply to message #1726536] Mon, 11 April 2016 13:56 Go to previous message
Andreas Sewe is currently offline Andreas SeweFriend
Interestingly, if I set mToolControl.getParent().setToBeRendered(false), with the parent being the MTrimBar contributed by the workbench, then the toBeRendered state is persisted; I can see the attribute reflected in the workbench.xml after shutdown. But obviously I don't want to hide the entire trim bar, just my tool control within it.

Can someone please enlighten me why E4 (or its compatibility layer) persists the toBeRendered state of the trim bar, not not that of my tool control contributed via a fragment.e4xmi?
Previous Topic:How to show popup menu on customized viewer
Next Topic:Pre-defined command parameter type converters/TypeIDs for primitives?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:15:08 GMT 2024