Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » Custom Categories Assign not working(Assign items on a customer category does not work - list is not updated)
icon9.gif  Custom Categories Assign not working [message #1726320] Fri, 11 March 2016 11:27 Go to next message
Ian Cheshire is currently offline Ian CheshireFriend
I have a strange problem that has started happening recently when using Custom Categories.

I create custom categories in my plugins and goto to the Assign Tab and add the items (Tasks, Roles, Guidance) that I what to assign to that category. However after selecting the items, they do not appear in the list box, although the star * indicators on the tab shows that the category has been changed/updated.

Other associations such as adding guidance and roles to work products still work.
Has anyone come across this problem before?
Are there any logs I can check to see what is going on and what EPF is trying to do?
Re: Custom Categories Assign not working [message #1726578 is a reply to message #1726320] Mon, 14 March 2016 19:18 Go to previous message
Bruce MacIsaac is currently offline Bruce MacIsaacFriend
I have not seen this problem before, but when EPF or RMC starts behaving strangely, I restart the tool. If that doesn't address the issue, I then delete the workspace, and then restart again.
There is a log file stored in your workspace (I believe in .metadata\.log) .
Not sure if it will help, however.
Best of luck!
Previous Topic:couldn't find org.eclipse.epf.rcp.beacon
Next Topic:EPF/RMC Webinar: Thurs Mar 31, 2016 - 11am-12pm EST "Look and feel improvements / alternatives&
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:11:19 GMT 2024