Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » [SOLVED] Building multi platform executables(Using multiple platform environments with oomph generated target definitions)
[SOLVED] Building multi platform executables [message #1725903] Tue, 08 March 2016 12:30 Go to next message
Carsten Sprung is currently offline Carsten SprungFriend
Hi there!
So I've got my target definition file generated by my Oomph setup which is quite nice and works very well for setting up my development eclipse and running my RCP from it.
But now I want to use this generated target file in my maven/tycho build process.

The problem I encounter is that I cannot build releases for different platforms like win32/linux/macOS.
In my Oomph TargetDefinitionGenerator obviously I want to use includeAllPlatforms=true, but that's not compatible with includeMode=planner. If I set this to slicer, the build won't succeed either as I don't have all dependencies explicitly listed in my target platform.
I tried like every possible combination of includeAllPlatforms true/false, includeMode, defining environments in pom.xml or in target file but with no success :'(

I have several questions that I can't find any answer to:
1) Is there any documentation on target definition files like what is the exact meaning of planner vs slicer and how could they be used?
2) Any documentation on the Oomph TargetDefinitionGenerator? Which annotations are supported? Could I automatically include all (transitive) dependencies to use with slicer mode?
And the most important one:
3) How do I build releases for different platforms with Oomph generated target files? How to prepare the Oomph setup file for that, where to define the environments to build?

Attached are my setup file, pom file where I want to use the generated target file and the generated target file itself.

Any help or pointers where to find more information is highly appreciated!

[Updated on: Tue, 08 March 2016 15:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Building multi platform executables [message #1725917 is a reply to message #1725903] Tue, 08 March 2016 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Carsen,

Comments below.

On 08.03.2016 13:30, Carsten Sprung wrote:
> Hi there!
> So I've got my target definition file generated by my Oomph setup which is quite nice and works very well for setting up my development eclipse and running my RCP from it.
> But now I want to use this generated target file in my maven/tycho build process.
>
> The problem I encounter is that I cannot build releases for different platforms like win32/linux/macOS.
> In my Oomph TargetDefinitionGenerator obviously I want to use includeAllPlatforms=true, but that's not compatible with includeMode=planner. If I set this to slicer, the build won't succeed either as I don't have all dependencies explicitly listed in my target platform.
> I tried like every possible combination of includeAllPlatforms true/false, includeMode, defining environments in pom.xml or in target file but with no success :'(
Oomph itself builds for multiple platforms...
>
> I have several questions that I can't find any answer to:
> 1) Is there any documentation on target definition files like what is the exact meaning of planner vs slicer and how could they be used?
This is more a PDE question.
> 2) Any documentation on the Oomph TargetDefinitionGenerator? Which annotations are supported? Could I automatically include all (transitive) dependencies to use with slicer mode?
No, there's really no documentation for this at all (I think). :-(
> And the most important one:
> 3) How do I build releases for different platforms with Oomph generated target files? How to prepare the Oomph setup file for that, where to define the environments to build?
Perhaps look at Oomph's own setup, because we do exactly all this. And
we have launchers for doing local Maven/Tycho builds which do this.
>
> Attached are my setup file, pom file where I want to use the generated target file and the generated target file itself.
>
> Any help or pointers where to find more information is highly appreciated!

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Building multi platform executables [message #1725945 is a reply to message #1725917] Tue, 08 March 2016 15:18 Go to previous message
Carsten Sprung is currently offline Carsten SprungFriend
Head -> Desk

Thanks for your quick reply, Ed.
The solution was as simple as removing the macos 32-bit environment from my configuration. Apparently it's not longer (or was never?) available from the eclipse updatesite. We just recently migrated from a manually maintained target platform as a p2 repo to the generated target definition file from oomph, so it must slipped through.
Previous Topic:Oomph setup Repos and WorkingSets from .psf
Next Topic:Redirecting nested projects in the catalog?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:27:42 GMT 2024