Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Oomph setup with two installations(Use Oomph for a setup with two installations: one IDE and a Target Platform)
Oomph setup with two installations [message #1725843] Tue, 08 March 2016 06:06 Go to next message
Patrik Suzzi is currently offline Patrik SuzziFriend
Messages: 91
Registered: June 2010
Location: Urdorf, Switzerland
Member

Hallo,

I'm trying to use Oomph to reproduce this setup:


  1. An IDE based on Eclipse IDE for RCP and RAP developers with no additional plugins
  2. A target platform based on another installation, that is Eclipse IDE for Java EE developers.
  3. The IDE opens up and references the other installation directory as a Target Platform


For clarity, a video for the setup is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFxfuudlau8&feature=youtu.be&t=59s

Is there a way to use Oomph to get one instal for IDE, a separate install to use as target platform, and set the TP reference ?

Note: I am using a separate installation as a target for:
- I don't want to pollute my IDE with target platform plug-ins
- Eclipse IDE for JEE is complex and I can not reproduce how to generate .target file choosing one by one the plug-ins, so it is more convenient to use an existing installation.

Any suggestion would be useful.
Re: Oomph setup with two installations [message #1725913 is a reply to message #1725843] Tue, 08 March 2016 13:41 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 31032
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Patrik,

Comments below.

On 08.03.2016 07:06, Patrik Suzzi wrote:
> Hallo,
> I'm trying to use Oomph to reproduce this setup:
>
>
> An IDE based on Eclipse IDE for RCP and RAP developers with no
> additional plugins
> A target platform based on another installation, that is Eclipse IDE
> for Java EE developers.
> The IDE opens up and references the other installation directory as a
> Target Platform
>
>
> For clarity, a video for the setup is here:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFxfuudlau8&feature=youtu.be&t=59s
> Is there a way to use Oomph to get one instal for IDE, a separate
> install to use as target platform, and set the TP reference ?
It seems a strange approach to me. You don't need to create a different
installation that functions purely as a target platform. You can create
a target plat
>
> Note: I am using a separate installation as a target for: - I don't
> want to pollute my IDE with target platform plug-ins
> - Eclipse IDE for JEE is complex and I can not reproduce how to
> generate .target file choosing one by one the plug-ins, so it is more
> convenient to use an existing installation.
If you look at the product description for such a product, you'll see
there are just a very small number of root features. That's all you'd
need to specify. In the end, you'd be much better off to learn about
Targlets because that will be the simplest, most direct, and fastest way
to get a coherent result. I.e., define a targlet that looks exactly
like the p2 task you're using the create the installation that you want
to use as a target platform. After all, but involve specifying
requirements and update sites from which to resolve those requirements.
>
> Any suggestion would be useful.
Previous Topic:How to get Product Export wizard to search Oomph bundle pool first
Next Topic:Oomph setup Repos and WorkingSets from .psf
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Apr 04 13:11:53 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01763 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top