Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » How to get the Copy data of a editable cell (Collect the copy data of the editable cell)
How to get the Copy data of a editable cell [message #1725705] Mon, 07 March 2016 07:41 Go to next message
Shashi Mising name is currently offline Shashi Mising nameFriend
Hi All,

Please see the attachment for better understanding of the below query.

To handle some use case I need to collect the copied data from the particular cell in the nat table.

In my nat table some column cells are editable and some columns are non editable, so user can copy the data from the editable cell of a particular column. And I do not know where that copied data will be stored and how to retrieve the data from that.

user either copy the data by right click on the editable cell and click on copy link and also copy with CTRL+C.

please suggest me how to get the copied data in my class.

Thank you

Regards
Shashi

• Attachment: Copy.png
    (Size: 6.05KB, Downloaded 201 times)
Re: How to get the Copy data of a editable cell [message #1725708 is a reply to message #1725705] Mon, 07 March 2016 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
As you are talking about copying data from an open editor, you are simply talking about default SWT copy&paste mechanisms. Maybe this helps: http://www.java2s.com/Code/Java/SWT-JFace-Eclipse/CopyandPaste.htm
Re: How to get the Copy data of a editable cell [message #1725725 is a reply to message #1725708] Mon, 07 March 2016 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shashi Mising name is currently offline Shashi Mising nameFriend
Thank you Dirk,

In this case do I contribute my own copy paste actions for a particular column cell? if yes how to disable / remove the default context actions.

Is there any way to get the copied data from the default copy action?
Re: How to get the Copy data of a editable cell [message #1725727 is a reply to message #1725725] Mon, 07 March 2016 10:25 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
How about looking into the linked example and try to read the data from the Clipboard the same way as it is done in the listener there?

If you want to customize the default SWT text editor, this is the wrong forum.
Previous Topic:Print & fit to page
Next Topic:how to hide multiple Columns in Nattable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:22:13 GMT 2024