|Eclipse Foundation is looking for a Product Manager [message #1725487]
||Thu, 03 March 2016 20:08
| Ian Skerrett
Registered: July 2009
Eclipse is a community for individuals and organizations who wish to collaborate on commercially-friendly open source software. The Eclipse Foundation is a not-for-profit, member supported corporation that hosts the Eclipse projects and helps cultivate both an open source community and an ecosystem of complementary products and services. |
Title: Product Manager
We are looking a product manager to join the Eclipse Foundation (EF) marketing and community team. The Eclipse Foundation has a strategic initiative to enhance the user relationship by providing products and services to the Eclipse user community. The product manager will lead definition and implementation of this initiative. This will include working closely with the EF IT infrastructure team, the Eclipse project community, and the Eclipse user community to put in place programs and services that are valued by the Eclipse user community.
- Research, plan and implement a strategy for the Eclipse Foundation to provide services to the Eclipse user community.
- Lead the requirements and design of an Eclipse User Dashboard that becomes a portal for user to interact with the Eclipse project community and to improve their overall user experience.
- Be the leader in understanding and influencing the usage and adoption patterns in the Eclipse community. Be responsible for communicating this information to the open community and the Eclipse members.
- Be active and visible in the Eclipse community and general software development community, including speaking at conferences, writing articles and being active on social media.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 7 to 10 years in the software development industry, including at least 2 years as a product manager or development manager role.
- Excellent knowledge of the Eclipse technology and community.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, preferably experience speaking at conferences.
- Proven ability to lead and influence diverse set of teams without direct authority.
- Experience with data analysis tools such as Splunk is an asset.
- The ability to set a vision and roadmap but also actively participate in the implementation.
- University Bachelor degree or higher.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the Eclipse community and have a vision for its success moving forward.
Preferred location will be Ottawa, Canada but remote locations will be considered.
Send your resume to: jobs AT eclipse DOT org with the subject: Product Manager.
No phone calls please.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02160 seconds