Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Control Panel Record with SuperContext throws NPE, GroupContext does not work correctly
Control Panel Record with SuperContext throws NPE, GroupContext does not work correctly [message #1725204] Tue, 01 March 2016 15:59
Marco mvmsoft is currently offline Marco mvmsoftFriend
In our project we use a SuperContext consisting of two GroupContext consisting of several simple contexts. Running such a test works as intended, but when we want to record a test using the "Control Panel" in RCPTT, the context is not replayed correctly.

I am not sure if it has something to do with our application or if it is a general problem, but if we leave the group and super context and directly add the simple contexts to the "Control Panel", everything works as expected.

Tested Versions: RCPTT 2.0.1 standalone and integrated into Eclipse, RCPTT 2.0.2 integrated into Eclipse and RCPTT standalone 2.1.0 M4 (RCP Testing Tool IDE 2.1.0.201512160026), all show same problem.

Bugs:
1) if adding the super context to the Control Panels Context Tab and pressing the "Record" button, an NPE is shown in an error dialog with title "Failed to apply "MUSUSuperContext"", message java.lang.NullPointerException.
The exception is usually not logged, but on one occasion the log contained a stacktrace pointing to Q7LaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:260.

2) if I remove the supercontext and replace it by one of the two group contexts the super context consists of, the test start succeeds, but the test throws an error that a proc is not defined; the definition is actually contained in the group context.

If I replace the group context by the separated contexts contained in the group, everything works fine again, in recording AND replay mode.

Steps to reproduce (I guess, if it has nothing to do with specific content of our contexts):
- create 2 contexts, e.g. Reset_Workbench and load a file into current application
- put them in a group SU
- create another 2 contexts
- put them in another group MU
- create a super context containaing SU and MU
- create a new testcase, press record --> NPE should show up

Strange thing this problem occurs ONLY on recording, not on playback and not in the RCPTT runner on our build server. Seems like the contexts are not initialized correctly on record.

Any idea on this ? It seems a bit related with https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=471950, the last entry, but I am not sure

Bug 2 seems to be fixed on latest nightly build 2.1.0.201603010025 but the problem 1 remains.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 March 2016 16:57]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:rcptt hangs on test with %25 cpu usage
Next Topic:[ECL] Is it possible to launch a script after each Test Case and not before ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:20:18 GMT 2024