Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » VIATRA » install viatra
install viatra [message #1725059] Mon, 29 February 2016 12:30 Go to next message
neda karshenas is currently offline neda karshenasFriend
i want install viatra but i get following errore.

VIATRA CEP framework will be ignored because a newer version is already installed.
VIATRA DSE framework will be ignored because a newer version is already installed.
what should i do?
thanks
Re: install viatra [message #1725081 is a reply to message #1725059] Mon, 29 February 2016 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zoltan Ujhelyi is currently offline Zoltan UjhelyiFriend
Hi Neda,

I would look at your Eclipse installation (use Help/Installation details menu item), as the error message states VIATRA CEP and DSE is already installed, with an even newer version. If required, in that dialog you can uninstall the already installed version, so the installation would continue.

If this was not clear enough, please provide more details about what you tried to achieve, how you tried to install, what environment do you use already.

Best regards,
Zoltán
Re: install viatra [message #1725245 is a reply to message #1725081] Wed, 02 March 2016 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello.
thank's for answer but there are part's in help like VPM modelspace or Viatra Textual Editor Project , There is no viatra I've installed. I'm just part shown below.
thank's.

• Attachment: viatra.png
    (Size: 14.61KB, Downloaded 206 times)
Re: install viatra [message #1725291 is a reply to message #1725245] Wed, 02 March 2016 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

looking at your screenshot, it seems to me you have managed to install the brand new version of VIATRA from the CI update site (given that you have a VIATRA Query project that is only available since a week or so). On the other hand, the 'VPM modelspace' or the 'VIATRA Textual Editor' are related to the older VIATRA2 framework that is not being developed since about 2013. I know, this is a bit confusing; we are trying to clean up the references; if required, consult the https://wiki.eclipse.org/VIATRA/History wiki site for a very brief history.

In general, I would not recommend searching for that old version unless you have some specific needs. I would be glad to help you choose what you should install from where (and what kind of documentation is available for them), but first please share with us what you want to use VIATRA (or VIATRA2) for.

Cheers,
Zoltán
Re: install viatra [message #1725375 is a reply to message #1725291] Thu, 03 March 2016 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,
1- I recently met with a model-driven topics and ask a simple example model transformation for Step by Step with Let Vitra tool at my disposal.

2- I am looking for an interesting problem in model transformation. I was interested to graph transformation. my teacher encouraged me that the use viatra. Do you have problems in the field know that I'm working on it ??

Thanks very much for the help you.
Re: install viatra [message #1725469 is a reply to message #1725375] Thu, 03 March 2016 16:52 Go to previous message
Hi,

first of all, I hope I have understood your questions correctly; English is not my first language so it is possible I have misunderstood something here. If I did, please ask for clarification.

In the first point, you are looking for a step-by-step tutorial for transformation development with VIATRA. Sadly, for the current VIATRA, we do not have a one for writing transformations... yet. What I can suggest to look at the descriptions and examples at https://wiki.eclipse.org/VIATRA/Transformation_API, or have a look at the currently externally maintained CPS demonstrator: https://github.com/IncQueryLabs/incquery-examples-cps (including its wiki pages as well). The current VIATRA transformation language was clearly motivated the previous, graph transformation-based language of the older VIATRA2 project, but was generalized to an event-driven, rule-based language (where preconditions are still described with graph patterns, but for model manipulations we are relying on an imperative control language).

In the second point, you are looking for some graph transformation-based problem to solve with VIATRA. In general, such problems are very hard to suggest, as model and graph transformations are used for a wide area of tasks (e.g. validation, code and test case generation, simulations, etc.) in very-very different problem domains (software development, stream processing, etc.). Without any context (what are you familiar with, what is interesting you, etc.) it is really hard to suggest something interesting. I'd recommend to ask your teacher for some recommendations.

I hope, this answer was helpful.

Best regards,
Zoltán
Previous Topic:EMF-Incquery website/p2 update site not available
Next Topic:Queries against xtext-dsl
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:06:02 GMT 2024