Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Combine test runners(testing different code configurations)
Combine test runners [message #1724944] Sat, 27 February 2016 13:33 Go to next message
Frank Benoit is currently offline Frank BenoitFriend
Hi

i want to test code in different configurations.
Because those are compile time selections, i cannot build a single test runner.
The linker would find several times the same symbols.

Is it possible to build several test runners and run them from the CDT GUI like a single one?

Frank
Re: Combine test runners [message #1724953 is a reply to message #1724944] Sat, 27 February 2016 18:31 Go to previous message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
Hi Frank,

I am not sure if the problem you are asking is a C programming question or a CDT use question. i.e. do you have a way in C to achieve what you want and are trying to figure out how to do that in CDT.

I am going to assume you don't have a C way of achieving this, i.e. make a single executable that contains all the options.

Your choices are:
1) Use macros or similar to make the symbols different dependent on the compile options used. That allows you to compile the same function many times and achieve your goals perhaps.

In this case, one you work through the issues of macros you will be able to use CDT like normal

2) Build multiple configurations of your program and end up with many different executables.

In this case, you can set multiple build configurations in CDT (instead of just Debug and Release). Then you can launch each one of them to see how they behave. To launch multiple things in one click you can use Launch Groups or if you want more control, you can try out EASE to script the launches

I hope I have understood your problem enough to get you started.

Jonah
Previous Topic:eclipse.vm property has not been set
Next Topic:map file with symbols
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:42:48 GMT 2024