Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » webapp testing with redirect / collecting technical names
webapp testing with redirect / collecting technical names [message #1724762] Thu, 25 February 2016 18:53 Go to next message
Manuel Ott is currently offline Manuel OttFriend
I am evaluating Jubula (8.2.0) for (automated) ui tests of a web application. It was pretty easy to get everything up and running. I managed to create a test case and collect first technical names for the login screen. However, I am struggling to collect any other technical names after the login screen.

The web application is sending a redirect to the browser after logging in. My first assumption is, that this causes a problem with the object mapping mode. Any advice to solve this problem would be very much appreciated. Maybe I am looking (or searching) into the wrong direction (I did not find any topic regarding this problem).

So my second question would be: Is it possible to create technical names without the use of the object mapping feature (which looks very promising to me, but if I am not able to use it, there might be another solution)?

Re: webapp testing with redirect / collecting technical names [message #1725024 is a reply to message #1724762] Mon, 29 February 2016 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Manuel,

What happens if you stop and restart the object mapping mode after the redirect? Is the web site freely available to take a look from our side?

There isn't a way to create technical names without using the object mapping mode I'm afraid.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: webapp testing with redirect / collecting technical names [message #1725058 is a reply to message #1725024] Mon, 29 February 2016 12:30 Go to previous message
Manuel Ott is currently offline Manuel OttFriend
Hi Alex,

The website is not public (intranet).

Restarting the object mapping mode doesn't help. The web app will work as if object mapping mode being not active (no collecting, click events are handled).

If a redirect should not be a problem, I guess I'll have to examine the login handling once more. It seemed obvious to me.

Best regards,

Manuel
Previous Topic:Excel integration with Jubula
Next Topic:Error seen everytime I start AUT from Jubula
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 04:58:11 GMT 2024