Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » What is a recommended way to do development on the paperUI?
What is a recommended way to do development on the paperUI? [message #1724075] Sat, 20 February 2016 19:19 Go to next message
Marcel Verpaalen is currently offline Marcel VerpaalenFriend
I would like to contribute to the paperUI development, however, struggling but how to get started.
Making a change and running it in he eclipse does not seem to be possible.

Hence the question:
* How to run the code changes made to paperUI (without rebuilding full distro)
* is there an alternative recommended editor?
* Are additional tools needed / recommended

So far I found that I can rebuild the paperUI jar with maven and than reload it in karaf than I can test, but it seems quite cumbersome.

Anyway, what you guys recommend
Re: What is a recommended way to do development on the paperUI? [message #1726307 is a reply to message #1724075] Fri, 11 March 2016 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Syed Aoun Haider Bukhari is currently offline Syed Aoun Haider BukhariFriend
Hey,

For the development purpose the easiest way is to have a separate copy of index.html that references all js/html files inside web-src folder. You will have to change "httpService.registerResources(WEBAPP_ALIAS, "web", null);" to "httpService.registerResources(WEBAPP_ALIAS, "web-src", null);" in PaperUIApp.java and it should let you develop without having to run a maven build every time you make an html/js change in the code.

Hope that helps!

Aoun
Re: What is a recommended way to do development on the paperUI? [message #1726596 is a reply to message #1726307] Mon, 14 March 2016 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcel Verpaalen is currently offline Marcel VerpaalenFriend
Thanks, that indeed looks like a good approach.
I'll give that a try
Re: What is a recommended way to do development on the paperUI? [message #1727229 is a reply to message #1726596] Mon, 21 March 2016 12:51 Go to previous message
Johnny Rebel is currently offline Johnny RebelFriend
For running from within eclipse - also don't forget to "check" the modified binding (PaperUI) under Run Config/PlugIns/Workspace.

Previous Topic:Build Failure
Next Topic:Groups in paperUI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:39:24 GMT 2024