Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Deploy RCPTT test suite using Maven without running tests(Is it possible to deploy an RCPTT test suite using Maven without running tests first?)
icon4.gif  Deploy RCPTT test suite using Maven without running tests [message #1723924] Fri, 19 February 2016 06:38 Go to next message
Alexander Poga is currently offline Alexander PogaFriend
Hello RCPTT forum,

I have successfully been running RCPTT through Maven and deployed a test suite to an Artifactory Maven repository. It all seems to work very well. For context, I'm currently using release v2.0.0.

Is it possible to run a Maven deploy goal on an RCPTT test suite without having to run the tests or download an AUT first?

I'd like to be able to deploy and aggregate a number of test suites through a remote Maven repository (using the <dependencies> tag) and I'd prefer to keep the individual test suite projects as simple as possible.

I've tried using the Maven "-DskipTests" flag but it then deploys an empty zip file.

I've tried omitting the AUT configuration for the rcptt-maven-plugin in the test suite project to see if it will just compile (but not run) the tests. This fails with an error about not specifying an AUT.

I've tried using the Maven "-Dmaven.test.skip=true" but this still tries to first download an AUT (which is the slow part I'm trying to avoid)

Is there some obvious answer I'm missing here? Thanks very much!

[Updated on: Tue, 22 March 2016 09:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Deploy RCPTT test suite using Maven [message #1727178 is a reply to message #1723924] Mon, 21 March 2016 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For anyone finding this in the future, it seems the solution is to run using the Maven option: "-Dmaven.compile.skip=true". This should just upload the Maven project folder without running any tests.

Edit: scratch that, made a mistake and it looked like it worked. This will still try to execute tests before running.

What we really need is for RCPTT to bind the test execution to the "integration-test" phase so that we can use the standard arguments of "-DskipTests" or "-Dmaven.test.skip=true" to avoid having to run tests before the maven deploy.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 March 2016 09:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Deploy RCPTT test suite using Maven [message #1727429 is a reply to message #1727178] Wed, 23 March 2016 02:26 Go to previous message
So I think I've found a workaround, it'd be nice if this wasn't required though!

To be able to skip the download of the AUT and test executions before deployment, use a maven profile similar to the following:

<profile>
	<id>SkipTests</id>
	<activation>
		<property>
			<name>skipTests</name>
		</property>
	</activation>
	<!-- Manually copy test scripts into RCPTT directory for deployment -->
	<build>
		<plugins>
			<plugin>
				<artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
				<version>2.7</version>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<id>copy-tests</id>
						<phase>generate-resources</phase>
						<goals>
							<goal>copy-resources</goal>
						</goals>
						<configuration>
							<filtering>true</filtering>
							<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}${file.separator}projects${file.separator}${project.artifactId}</outputDirectory>
							<resources>
								<resource>
									<directory>${project.basedir}</directory>
									<excludes>
										<exclude>target</exclude>
									</excludes>
								</resource>
							</resources>
						</configuration>
					</execution>
				</executions>
			</plugin>
		</plugins>
	</build>
</profile>

This will activate when the "-DskipTests" argument is specified when running the maven deploy. It basically replicates the copying of test scripts into the RCPTT /target/projects/ directory so that RCPTT can archive and deploy them.

To run the deploy, use a command similar to "mvn clean deploy -DskipTests".
Previous Topic:what are the pre-conditions to launch RCPtt.exe?
Next Topic:Pausing test execution to allow manual input
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:06:21 GMT 2024