Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Maven can't find correct PDE jars(Maven can't find correct PDE jars)
Maven can't find correct PDE jars [message #1723759] Wed, 17 February 2016 16:52
Chris Fredrickson is currently offline Chris FredricksonFriend
Hi all,

I'm writing an Eclipse plugin that is needs to pull in and package some external dependencies (namely the MySQL driver). So, I migrated the project to using Maven. However, once I did that I started getting compilation errors indicating that classes in org.eclipse.ui.menus were unable to be found. (It's worth noting that before trying to use Maven, the only error was the runtime "Class not found" error since the mysql jar was not on the runtime classpath.)

The classes that are causing the errors in particular are CommandContributionItemParameter and ExtensionContributionFactory. These classes were introduced in 3.4 and 3.5 respectively (according to the docs), and according to Wikipedia, these versions were released in 2008 and 2009 respectively. However, the latest jars on mvnrepository.com appear to be from 2007 for both packages.

I came to the conclusion that that meant one of two things: either development has stopped, or the latest packages must be available from somewhere else. I found http://download.eclipse.org/releases/mars/ which seems like the repo I need to use, but I haven't been able to use it because I can't specify the right versions of the packages I need.

My questions are the following:

* Do I need to specify an alternate repository, from which there are up-to-date org.eclipse.* jars? (If so, how can I browse it to find which packages I need, their versions, artifactIDs, groupIDs?)
* Am I going about this the right way, or is there some workflow I don't know about?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Previous Topic:Can't export deployable features in Luna
Next Topic:Detailed analysis of plugin dependencies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:12:16 GMT 2024