|* FULFILLED * Junior/Intermediate sysadmin to join the Webmaster team [message #1722851]
||Tue, 09 February 2016 16:32
| Eclipse Webmaster
Registered: July 2009
The Eclipse Foundation is looking for a junior/intermediate sysadmin join our existing IT team in supporting both staff and a host of really cool open source projects.
Eclipse is a community for individuals and organizations who wish to collaborate on commercially-friendly open source software. The Eclipse Foundation is a not-for-profit, member supported corporation that hosts the Eclipse projects and helps cultivate both an open source community and an ecosystem of complementary products and services.
Providing technical support to Eclipse.org users and projects as well as Foundation staff. Things like mailing list creation, remote server debugging, service deployment, file restoration and driver installs.
Monitoring and maintaining the overall health of our infrastructure.
Planning the deployment of new servers/services.
Skills and Requirements
-Solid understanding of Windows administration
-Familiar with database services(Maria/MySQL,MongoDB)
-Familiar with virtualization technologies
-Ability to use scripting languages (Perl,PHP,Bash,Python)
-Familiar with Linux and Mac OS X
-Experience with backup and restore (Bacula,tar,Windows backup)
-Some experience with deploying Java web applications
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting
- Working understanding of SMTP,HTTP protocols
- Experience configuring and debugging network services(Apache,Postfix)
- Network security (TLS)
- Firewall (software and hardware) use and debugging.
Education and softer skills
- A college diploma/university degree, or relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Interest in learning new technologies
- Good project/task management skills
- Able to work well with others in a small team
The Eclipse Foundation is based in Ottawa, ON, Canada, and the successful applicant will be working in our offices, so preference will be given to those already in the Ottawa/Gatineau area.
Send your resume to: tech_job AT eclipse DOT org
No phone calls please.
[Updated on: Thu, 31 March 2016 19:12] by Moderator
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01904 seconds