Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » spell check
spell check [message #1722442] Thu, 04 February 2016 20:47 Go to next message
degenaro Mising name is currently offline degenaro Mising nameFriend
Two issues.

1. When I use text editor, misspelled words are identified. Is there not a way to click and add to dictionary? All that seems to happen is that the word is underlined and hovering says it is not spelled correctly.

2. In spelling preference, I specify a file and the file gets created. Then I start adding words, one to a line. But these don't seem to be recognized. The spell checking still flags words in the text that are in my dictionary as incorrectly spelled.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 February 2016 20:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: spell check [message #1724342 is a reply to message #1722442] Tue, 23 February 2016 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Edward Santiago is currently offline Edward SantiagoFriend
In computing, a spell checker (or spell check) is an application program that flags words in a document that may not be spelled correctly. Spell checkers may be stand-alone, capable of operating on a block of text, or as part of a larger application, such as a word processor, email client, electronic dictionary, or search engine.
Re: spell check [message #1724350 is a reply to message #1722442] Tue, 23 February 2016 10:13 Go to previous message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
Quote:
1. When I use text editor, misspelled words are identified. Is there not a way to click and add to dictionary? All that seems to happen is that the word is underlined and hovering says it is not spelled correctly.

In a standard text editor in Eclipse you normally press Ctrl + 1 to bring the spell checking pop-up. That will present you with alternatives and option to add to dictionary. See attached screenshot for what happens.

Quote:
2. In spelling preference, I specify a file and the file gets created. Then I start adding words, one to a line. But these don't seem to be recognized. The spell checking still flags words in the text that are in my dictionary as incorrectly spelled.

Not sure about this one, it may be that Eclipse does not reload the file if you edit it outside Eclipse. Try restarting Eclipse. Of course I assume this option isn't needed if the answer to 1. solves your underlying problem.
  • Attachment: spelling.png
    (Size: 11.20KB, Downloaded 643 times)
Previous Topic:How to run a Project with Existing Source Code?
Next Topic:Adding a Tool Control to Eclipse IDE status bar doesn't work (Handled/Direct Toolitem does)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:57:21 GMT 2024