Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » I cannot run project once I quit eclipse and launch it again.
icon8.gif  I cannot run project once I quit eclipse and launch it again. [message #1721763] Fri, 29 January 2016 22:03 Go to next message
Boyan Kushlev is currently offline Boyan KushlevFriend
Whenever I exit Eclipse (or shut down my PC) and I turn it back on later, I cant run the project in any way. When I go to Run -> External Tools -> Run As -> (none applicable). However, if I create a new project everything is fine, even with the already created projects. For example, I create a project "Hello World" and close Eclipse, and then I launch it again, I cannot run it (only build). Then I create another project "Console App" and suddenly everything works fine: I can easily run both projects with Ctrl + F11. It's really annoying to have to create a new project every time I wanna test my older stuff, do you know any fixes/workarounds?
Re: I cannot run project once I quit eclipse and launch it again. [message #1721938 is a reply to message #1721763] Mon, 01 February 2016 18:02 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
Generally you need to set up a launch configuration to execute the program you just built. External Tools is meant unsurprisingly to execute some external tool such as a source formatter or special operation.

To get a launch configuration (run or debug), see http://help.eclipse.org/mars/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.debug.application.doc%2Ftasks%2Fcdt_t_new_run_config.htm

The configurations dialog can also bereached by using the drop down selector next to the Run and Debug icons on the tool bar.

Previous Topic:STL support for Eclipse Arduino IDE
Next Topic:How to show source code when debugging Linux kernel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:56:31 GMT 2024