Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » STL support for Eclipse Arduino IDE(How can I get the Arduino IDE to support STL)
STL support for Eclipse Arduino IDE [message #1721760] Fri, 29 January 2016 21:27 Go to next message
Raj Jain is currently offline Raj JainFriend
I have successful moved my large Arduino projects to Eclipse. I am also a C++ programmer. I tried including Standard Template Library into my Arduino project. It did not work. I have a test code which works in a C++ project. Does this Arduino plugin support STL? Any suggestions or work around? My include library is gcc 5.3.0.

Error: - Symbol 'map' could not be resolved
sample test code:

class Foo{
 // everything need in Foo, including operator overload of '<'
};

class FooMap:std::map <std::string, Foo> {
public:
 FooMap();
 virtual ~FooMap();
};

P.S: this question was posted on Doug's video on youtube. My apologies for the duplication. No intent to spam.
Re: STL support for Eclipse Arduino IDE [message #1721917 is a reply to message #1721760] Mon, 01 February 2016 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Schaefer is currently offline Doug SchaeferFriend
No Message Body
Re: STL support for Eclipse Arduino IDE [message #1721918 is a reply to message #1721917] Mon, 01 February 2016 16:49 Go to previous message
Doug Schaefer is currently offline Doug SchaeferFriend
That's fine. I'd rather you ask questions here so others can follow and see them.

I assume you're getting a link error since STL requires an additional library that Arduino doesn't link in. Did you have this working with the official Arduino IDE?

This somewhat fits in with the general issue we're having with lack of support for libraries and customization of the build makefile. It's probably worth a bugzilla entry so we can track it and get a solution out.

Thanks,
Doug
Previous Topic:OpenCV Errors
Next Topic:I cannot run project once I quit eclipse and launch it again.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:17:56 GMT 2024