Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Example of Process Model that iterate over structured data with maxOccurance > 1(Example of Process Model that iterate over structured data with maxOccurance > 1)
Example of Process Model that iterate over structured data with maxOccurance > 1 [message #1721660] Thu, 28 January 2016 23:52 Go to next message
Roger DN is currently offline Roger DNFriend
I am creating a Process Model that processes Structured data. The Structured data contains repeating child items. The Structured Data looks like this:

<Trades>
<Trade id="1" NotionalQty="100" Cpty="Cpty1"/>
<Trade id="2" NotionalQty="200" Cpty="Cpty2"/>
</Trade>

Trades has one or more Trade, each Trade has an Id, Cpty, NotionalQty, etc.

I have looked at the Join/Split and loop docs but I cannot figure out how to loop over Structured Data defined with repeating elements without an overly complex set of Activities (see attached).

Please post a minimal example of a Process Model that demonstrates how a to iterate over the Trades using a Multi Instance type loop. I cannot igure out how to set the Multi Instance parameters (Input,Counter,Output and thier purpose) as the documentation is thin and I could not find any working examples.

Ultimately I would like to create a manual task for each Trade.

Thanks in advance.
  • Attachment: Trades.xsd
    (Size: 0.94KB, Downloaded 207 times)
  • Attachment: Counter.java
    (Size: 2.98KB, Downloaded 181 times)
  • Attachment: Tester.xpdl
    (Size: 94.87KB, Downloaded 279 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 28 January 2016 23:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Example of Process Model that iterate over structured data with maxOccurance > 1 [message #1721684 is a reply to message #1721660] Fri, 29 January 2016 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johan Conradie is currently offline Johan ConradieFriend
Roger,
Have a look at the sample xpdl file. You can Capture Multiple Orders and then iterate thru them one by one.

Johan Conradie
Re: Example of Process Model that iterate over structured data with maxOccurance > 1 [message #1721690 is a reply to message #1721660] Fri, 29 January 2016 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

Roger, please find an example attached.
Re: Example of Process Model that iterate over structured data with maxOccurance > 1 [message #1721925 is a reply to message #1721690] Mon, 01 February 2016 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roger DN is currently offline Roger DNFriend
When I use the attached model 'Sample - Process Iteration.xpdl' I get a warning when I load it:
Model Sample - Process Iteration was created using a newer version of the modeler 8.2.0

When I run 'Validation' I get this warning:
Activity does not support data mappings. (Process Definition: Capture Multiple Trades, Activity: Split Trades, Data Mapping: MultipleTrades)

When I Debug it in Eclipse it says:
The Model has inconsistencies which might prevent it from being debugged. Do you want to continue anyways [sic]?

I continue the debugging session, Eclipse prompts me to enter trades, when I complete the Create Trades activity the Split Trades activity never starts, the Connector is yellow, and is hung.

This does not appear to work.

I recreated the same Process Model in a new Workspace and I get the same messages and behavior.

I am using version Stardust 3.0.1.

Having a process hang or freeze without any messages or logging is a major source of frustration both in the debugger and when deployed.

Screen shot attached.
  • Attachment: Capture2.PNG
    (Size: 60.96KB, Downloaded 206 times)
Re: Example of Process Model that iterate over structured data with maxOccurance > 1 [message #1721984 is a reply to message #1721925] Tue, 02 February 2016 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashish Khole is currently offline Ashish KholeFriend
Hi Roger,

The model shared by Robert was successfully deployed at my side without any errors with Stardust 3.0.1 version.

Could please try the following:
1. Cleanup AuditTrail and Models from the Administration perspective (Login in stardust using Browser)
2. Deploy the shared model from ModelManagement Perspective

Regards,
Ashish

[Updated on: Tue, 02 February 2016 06:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Example of Process Model that iterate over structured data with maxOccurance > 1 [message #1721992 is a reply to message #1721984] Tue, 02 February 2016 07:29 Go to previous message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

Roger,

even though the model was not create with the same Stardust version (hence the warning) it should work anyway.

The model was create in the web modeler. To make such a model compatible with the Eclipse modeler it needs to be migrated as described in the documentation. However, you should not have to do this. Simply import the model into the web modeler and deploy it from there. Seems like this worked well for Ashish.

The web modeler and direct execution in the runtime have become the new standard. The debugger in Eclipse does not support all types of applications. It has become very quick and easy to perform round-trips (model, deploy, test) within the actual runtime and portal. The debugger hardly provides any additional benefit anymore.

Please consider the web modeler and testing in the runtime and let us know if you face any issues.

Rob
Previous Topic:XML Document Data - Choosing the element name
Next Topic:Edit 1 element in Structured Data with a sequence
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:00:47 GMT 2024