Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » arduino libaries
icon5.gif  arduino libaries [message #1721119] Sun, 24 January 2016 20:13 Go to next message
daniel daniel is currently offline daniel danielFriend
how can i add custom libraries ? (Blynk for instance is not in the library list)

and can i add libraries with just the includes statement if they were already downloaded for a different project?

i also seem to be unable to add 2 libraries at once. i am trying to use the wire.h and the liquidcrystal.h (both are standard arduino libraries). both are checked but when i apply/close /reopen only one is checked and it will not build. any ideas?
Re: arduino libaries [message #1721124 is a reply to message #1721119] Sun, 24 January 2016 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Schaefer is currently offline Doug SchaeferFriend
Libraries are still a sore spot in the Preview. I have a fix coming for library selection issues in the dialog. That should arrive with CDT 8.8.1 in a couple of weeks. That will also likely be the last preview release as I focus on getting everything together for a good release in June with CDT 9.0.

Custom libraries are totally missing. For now, your best bet would be to copy the library into your Arduino project. The build should pick up the files and include them in your build. Fixing all that up is a high priority for CDT 9.0.
Re: arduino libaries [message #1721960 is a reply to message #1721124] Mon, 01 February 2016 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quentin C. is currently offline Quentin C.Friend
Hello,
I'm trying to build a project for the ESP8266.

I've added the package using the Arduino link, and I can see the board and select it.
However, linked libraries aren't found...

For example: ESP8266WiFi.h or ArduinoOTA.h can't be fond even if they are on packages files !

Will this future release fix this ?

Thanks !

[Updated on: Fri, 17 February 2023 08:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: arduino libaries [message #1722130 is a reply to message #1721960] Tue, 02 February 2016 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Schaefer is currently offline Doug SchaeferFriend
Did you add the libraries? They aren't added automatically. You have to go to project properties and select them in the Libraries page.
Re: arduino libaries [message #1722612 is a reply to message #1722130] Sat, 06 February 2016 20:20 Go to previous message
Quentin C. is currently offline Quentin C.Friend
Hello !

Okay, I think that I have found my problem.
The "library" selection tool only shown libraries for the platform used...

I wasn't able to use ESP8266 libraries as I was trying to do so using an Arduino platform..

But, now I have an other problem:
When I'm looking for a specific library, I am typing the name on the search field. Then, when I check it, it will deselect all other libraries (hidden because not corresponding to the search field...).

Have you already heard of this bug ?

Thanks !

[Updated on: Fri, 17 February 2023 08:46]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problems Installing C/C++ IDE
Next Topic:Remote debugging on Ubuntu 14.04 x64 an arm Ubuntu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:53:48 GMT 2024