Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Easy way to send binaries through SFTP(Suggestion for a better way to send the binaries through SFTP)
Easy way to send binaries through SFTP [message #1720756] Wed, 20 January 2016 16:48 Go to next message
Vitor Mangueira is currently offline Vitor MangueiraFriend
Hi everyone,

I've searched about sftp in the forum and didn't found anything.

I'm working with a embedded linux board and developing in C/C++. All the time that I compile the code, I have to do this:
1) In the C/C++ perspective, expand the binaries in the project tree, right button and copy.
2) Than in the Remote Explorer perspective, open (for example) the ARM tree, expand "sftp files", expand "My Home", right click on My Home and paste. Confirm overwrite.
3) Run the file in board to test.

Can anyone suggest me a better/smarter way to update my binaries in the board to avoid all this steps everytime I compile the code?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Easy way to send binaries through SFTP [message #1720791 is a reply to message #1720756] Thu, 21 January 2016 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Berry is currently offline Dan BerryFriend
I found this page helpful.

http://www.gurucoding.com/en/raspberry_pi_eclipse/raspberry_pi_cross_debug_in_eclipse.php
Re: Easy way to send binaries through SFTP [message #1720834 is a reply to message #1720791] Thu, 21 January 2016 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vitor Mangueira is currently offline Vitor MangueiraFriend
Thanks Dan Berry,

Actually I'm not looking for cross-debugging, I've already did it with my toolchain but it just not help me too much since the debugger can't handle the content of all the objects in C++, dynamics lists, some of my shared libraries......

I need to run the binary in the board also because my board read some information from a industrial equipment through a LAN port in a specific range of IP and Ports previously configured.

My doubt is, in fact, how can I send the new compiled binary to the board without copying and pasting alternating perspectives, expanding trees........ I wish I could have an option that at least right click on the binary and "send to the board" with another one click. Or a button in the toolbar to do this.....

Or even more professional like sharing the rootfs (Yes, I'm on Linux...forgot to mention this) where I do compile all my code in the PC but the generated binary is already on the board........

I reaaly don't know what is better. I'm just looking for a better/smarter solution.

Thanks again.
Re: Easy way to send binaries through SFTP [message #1720857 is a reply to message #1720834] Thu, 21 January 2016 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
How about creating a shell script to do what you're intending to do, and run it as an external tool?

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: Easy way to send binaries through SFTP [message #1732125 is a reply to message #1720857] Thu, 12 May 2016 17:36 Go to previous message
Andreas Gnau is currently offline Andreas GnauFriend
If you really only want to automate the copying: Write a shell-script and run it as External Tool in Eclipse.
If you want to automate both the uploading and launching look into creating a "C/C++ Remote Application" run configuration. It will take care of copying and launching the binary remote host.
Previous Topic:CDT Indexer Path Wildcard
Next Topic:eclipse build error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:25:53 GMT 2024