Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Eclipse not connecting to SVN after restart
Eclipse not connecting to SVN after restart [message #1720699] Wed, 20 January 2016 10:46 Go to next message
Sensacion Rodriguez is currently offline Sensacion RodriguezFriend
I have a problem to reconect to a SVN repository after I restart Eclipse Mars.
This is what I have done:

1. I download Eclipse Mars for PHP developers (Version: Mars.1 Release (4.5.1))
2. After unzip in desktop I launch it.
3. When Eclipse is open I go to help>install new softwate
4. In work with I choose: Mars - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/mars
5. In type filter here : Subversive
6. In the list of seven elements I check 1,3,4,5 and install them(next,next...finish)
7. I restart Eclipse
8. Then Window>Perspective>Open perspective>other>SVN ...
9. A window open to install conectors of a list of 4, I check 2 & 4 (next,next...finish)
10. I restart Eclipse again,and now I can try to conect.
11. In SVN repositories view>right click>New>Repositori Location
12. In the opened window I type the url to connec(In general TAB):
svn+ssh://[myserverurl]/[pathtotherepository]
13. In SSH Setting I Browse my sshkeyfile and type the passphrase and click finish. It starts to connect, a window prompt to introduce server user and pass,and the connection is done.
14. At this point I can work with no problem, updating and commiting to the repository in the server.

If I close Eclipse and open it again, the connection doesn´t work. Almost if I checked to remember the passwords.
I don´t know why if i restart or close and open again Eclipse the connection doesn´t work.

Any idea?
Re: Eclipse not connecting to SVN after restart [message #1721824 is a reply to message #1720699] Sun, 31 January 2016 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
I'm not sure if it is, but this possibly could be related to Eclipse's Secure Storage that is used by plug-in to store passwords. If it is not active, then the passwords would not be stored permanently and after Eclipse IDE restart your SVN connection won't work until you re-enter the credentials. If this is not the case, then I'm out of ideas.
Re: Eclipse not connecting to SVN after restart [message #1722009 is a reply to message #1720699] Tue, 02 February 2016 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gabriel Andrei is currently offline Gabriel AndreiFriend
Hello,

I have a similar problem using Subclipse, installed via market place, using username & password instead of keyfile

In Preferences>Team>SVN>Client value is set to SVNKit (v1.8.11.10483)
In General>Security>Secure Storage Ui Prompt is checked (with Pripority 2). I've tried to create a master password, but nothing change... (and I'm never prompted to input it...)

Maybe the issue is related to ssh? I mean using ssh+svn
My OS is Ubuntu 15.10, but I have the same problem with Ubuntu 14.04 on a laptop
Re: Eclipse not connecting to SVN after restart [message #1724991 is a reply to message #1722009] Sun, 28 February 2016 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
In order to permanently enable Eclipse Secure Storage (and prevent it from asking passwords after each restart) on Ubuntu do the following:
1) create a file called, for example, "master" at:
/home/<user folder>/.eclipse/master
2) store the password in the file in plain text form
3) in the eclipse.ini file add the following lines at the beginning of the file:
-eclipse.password
/home/<user folder>/.eclipse/master

If this does not help, then the problem most likely is somewhere else.
Re: Eclipse not connecting to SVN after restart [message #1727157 is a reply to message #1724991] Sun, 20 March 2016 11:22 Go to previous message
Gabriel Andrei is currently offline Gabriel AndreiFriend
In my case, the solution was editing /home/user/.subversion/config:
[auth]
store-passwords = yes
store-auth-creds = yes
store-plaintext-passwords = yes
Previous Topic:SVN hide repository revision number
Next Topic:Mars Synchronize SVN Update All only does a portion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:45:11 GMT 2024