|Marketing Specialist with the Eclipse Foundation [message #1720619]
||Tue, 19 January 2016 20:45
| Ian Skerrett
Registered: July 2009
Eclipse is a community for individuals and organizations who wish to collaborate on commercially-friendly open source software. The Eclipse Foundation is a not-for-profit, member supported corporation that hosts the Eclipse projects and helps cultivate both an open source community and an ecosystem of complementary products and services. |
We are looking for a marketing and communication professional to join the Eclipse Foundation marketing and community team. We are looking for someone who loves to participate in communities, likes working in a hectic, changing environment, is focused on achieving results and strives for excellence. The successful candidate must be an outgoing, positive-minded professional who isn't afraid of face-to-face consumer interaction and is eager to learn the ins & outs of the software development industry.
As a member of the Eclipse marketing team, the individual will be responsible for:
- Social media outreach strategy and execution of campaign campaigns
- Press relations, including preparation and distribution of press releases
- Implementing marketing programs to promote the Eclipse open source projects
- Trade show and event coordination
- Maintaining the marketing and community content on the eclipse.org web site
- Supporting the community activities that promote the Eclipse open source projects
A major component of the job is to work closely with other team members in fulfilling these activities. As a result, ensuring that all communications are clear and timely is paramount, whether with other team members or community stakeholders.
The individual will have the following skills:
• 3-6 years of marketing experience in the high tech industry
• Excellent writing skills
• Excellent project management and organization skills
• Experience in social media campaigns (Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube)
• Knowledge of html and content management systems; experience with Photoshop is useful
• University degree or equivalent experience
The position is located in Ottawa, Canada. Unfortunately, re-location assistance is not provided.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with 'Marketing Specialist' in the subject. Please no telephone calls. Deadline for resumes is February 15, 2016.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01611 seconds