Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Keyboard Shortcuts to Navigate Through Changes in Egit
Keyboard Shortcuts to Navigate Through Changes in Egit [message #1720379] Mon, 18 January 2016 09:54 Go to next message
Detlef Keil is currently offline Detlef KeilFriend
When using cvs (ooh yes! we're still using that old dinosaur Smile ) in the synchronizing persepective, you can switch from change to change using Ctrl-. (forward) and Ctrl-, (backward). This is best when using the setting
Preferences... > Gerneral > Compare/Patch > Text Compare > When the end/beginning is reached while navigating and element > Display next/previous element.

In this case, you can navigate through the differences within a file and - when reaching the end/beginning of that file - automatically switch to the next/previous file with changes. Is there something similar in egit to navigate through all changes just using keys?

The shortcuts Ctrl-. and Ctrl-, do just switch to the next or previous file and I don't know how to configure a different behaviour. I tried to re-define some keys, but without success. I although tried to find a shortcut for "next change" but didn't find one.
Re: Keyboard Shortcuts to Navigate Through Changes in Egit [message #1768046 is a reply to message #1720379] Thu, 13 July 2017 08:31 Go to previous message
Detlef Keil is currently offline Detlef KeilFriend
Seems that there is no solution for that. Yesterday I wanted to file a bug on bugs.eclipse.org and found that there are already two bugs on that problem:

• Bug 395250 - Egit ignores compare navigation preference
  • Bug 361306 - Synchronize View "Next Difference" and "Previous Difference" should find ALL differences

Thanks to Paolo Bazzi, who actually pointed me to the second bug this morning.

Both bugs are around quite a long time. If you read this and are interrested in a solution, you might consider to vote for these two issues. This will most probably increase their priority. Just click on the two bug links above, then follow the vote-link, and finally change your vote-list. Hopefully these issues will be fixed soon. :-)
Previous Topic:Best way to deal with checkout/checkin issues with .classpath and .settings files
Next Topic:How to Create New Local branch and push that to remote and set upstream
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:16:52 GMT 2024