Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Can't debug a project using Eclipse Luna 4.4.2
icon9.gif  Can't debug a project using Eclipse Luna 4.4.2 [message #1720129] Thu, 14 January 2016 15:29 Go to next message
Ebram Shehata is currently offline Ebram ShehataFriend
Well I've done with my code in C/C++ perspective and when I hit "Debug"
eclipse successfully start debugging and switch the perspective to Debugging .
When I terminate debugging and hit "Debug" again it doesn't start debugging and always shows :
GNU gdb (Ubuntu 7.10-1ubuntu2) 7.10
Copyright (C) 2015 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http ://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http ://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
<http ://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word".

Temporary breakpoint 1, main () at ../src/Insane.cpp:17
17	{

imgur.com/download/7UcpAAJ

And it will never start debugging again only it does when I switch back to C/C++ perspective and press "Debug" !
I need to debug without switching !
GCC : gcc version 5.2.1 20151010 (Ubuntu 5.2.1-22ubuntu2)
  • Attachment: 13.png
    (Size: 199.15KB, Downloaded 289 times)
Re: Can't debug a project using Eclipse Luna 4.4.2 [message #1720139 is a reply to message #1720129] Thu, 14 January 2016 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
The purpose of the debug perspective button is to enter the debug perspective. It also starts the debug session when entered. It sounds like you are trying to start the debug session multiple times while in the debug session by pressing the debug perspective button.

To debug again (assuming the program has terminated), either hit the debug button on the toolbar (next to the run button) or right click on the application header and select Relaunch.

Toolbar: the debug button is upper left. The debug perspective button in lower right.
index.php/fa/24647/0/

What you are showing is the output from gdb at the automatic breakpoint in main. The program is not terminated.

What is showing in the debug view when you try to debug again?
If you try to start the debug session (by pressing the Debug Program button), you will get a new session. The debug view with multiple debug sessions is shown below. The first and last session are running/debugging a program while the middle one is terminated.
index.php/fa/24646/0/

[Updated on: Thu, 14 January 2016 17:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can't debug a project using Eclipse Luna 4.4.2 [message #1720204 is a reply to message #1720129] Fri, 15 January 2016 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bro , I never try to start a debug session while another one is running ! I first press terminate then press debug again but in vain Sad
(See the attachment please)
I also tried "Terminate and remove" and "Terminate and Disconnect All" but nothing helped Sad
Bro , I never try to start a debug session while another one is running ! I first press terminate then press debug again but in vain Sad
I also tried "Terminate and remove" and "Terminate and Disconnect All" but nothing helped Sad
    (Size: 197.98KB, Downloaded 580 times)
Re: Can't debug a project using Eclipse Luna 4.4.2 [message #1720205 is a reply to message #1720129] Fri, 15 January 2016 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    (Size: 197.98KB, Downloaded 273 times)
Re: Can't debug a project using Eclipse Luna 4.4.2 [message #1720243 is a reply to message #1720205] Fri, 15 January 2016 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
The debug button (the green one with the bug on it) may behave differently when in the debug perspective vs the C/C++ perspective (this may be a bug itself).
Instead or pressing the bug button directly, try pressing the little arrow next to it and then selecting your launch directly (I believe you named it "OJ").

Marc
Re: Can't debug a project using Eclipse Luna 4.4.2 [message #1720257 is a reply to message #1720243] Fri, 15 January 2016 15:26 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
Not quite sure what the attached image is supposed to indicate but I notice within it that there are TWO debug sessions. The top one says terminated on the second line but, when I have a terminated application, it says terminated on BOTH lines (see the image I attached earlier). It's as if Eclipse still thinks the application is running and is starting a second session. I'm running Eclipses Mars.1 (4.5.1)

Don't have any idea what would cause this. Could be a bug.
Your version of gdb is 7.10 while mine is 7.91. Maybe something Eclipse is looking for has changed. This could be particularly true for earlier versions of Eclipse. You could try an earlier version of gdb if you can find it.

I'm also unclear why you think it's not debugging again when everything you've attached shows the debugger sitting at the first breakpoint. IOW: debugging. What makes you think it's not running?
Previous Topic:Arduino C++ IDE
Next Topic:Eclipse Mixing C and C++
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:09:38 GMT 2024