Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Empty Values In Service Properties
Empty Values In Service Properties [message #1720091] Thu, 14 January 2016 10:42 Go to next message
Mark Cullen is currently offline Mark CullenFriend
If I set the value of a service property to an empty string in the web UI and hit Apply the empty string is accepted and the corresponding service gets the empty string. When KURA gets restarted the value reverts to the default value from the metatype file. If I change the value to a non empty string the value is preserved across a KURA restart.
I'm changing command.working.directory but see the same behaviour on other properties.
Re: Empty Values In Service Properties [message #1720452 is a reply to message #1720091] Mon, 18 January 2016 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cristiano De Alti is currently offline Cristiano De AltiFriend
Hello Mark,
I've created a new issue #93 in the Kura github repository.

Regards,
Cristiano
Re: Empty Values In Service Properties [message #1720453 is a reply to message #1720091] Mon, 18 January 2016 17:44 Go to previous message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello,

We have filed a Github Issue for this [1]. In the mean time, would it be possible to have the default value be the empty string? We know this flow works correctly as we already use it in Kura.

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/kura/issues/93

Thanks,
--Dave
Previous Topic:eclipse Kura starts compiled deployable plug-in with errors
Next Topic:Kura starts DS components which require configuration, even when there is no config
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 20:04:52 GMT 2024