Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » BInary Not Found (Tried everything)(Unable to create any sort of binary after building)
BInary Not Found (Tried everything) [message #1719893] Tue, 12 January 2016 23:23 Go to next message
jason cha is currently offline jason chaFriend
Hi,

I'm currently taking a programming class that requires us to set up an eclipse c++ environment and I'm having a difficult time making it work on Ubuntu 14.04 (chromebook). Whenever I build using ctrl+b or manually building by using the hammer icon, it throws back error 127 and doesn't build any executable files or binaries. If I attempt to run it by right clicking -> run as-> local c++..... I get Binary Not Found error. Here are the things I have tried so far...

- Completely wiped Ubuntu and reinstalled using Crouton.
- Installed Eclipse through the terminal's alt-get.
- Installed Eclipse through the website.
- Set my Binary Parser to Elf, GNU Elf, and both.
- Set my toolchain to Linux GCC
- Made sure I had installed g++, default-jdk, build-essential through apt-get before installing Eclipse.
- Tried refreshing the Debug folder (folder where exec should be created, but only has mk files after build).

Some things to note:

- If i change binary parser to elf and toolchain to Linux GCC, then building results in a bunch of syntax errors and such...probably because my code is c++11 and compiler isn't? I already tried adding -std=c++11 to "Other Flags" section of the c++ compiler on Eclipse. After doing that, i get 2 Error code 127 AND 1 Error code 1. Before, I only got 3 Error code 127.
- The program I'm attempting to run is a test program already written by the professor to check that Eclipse is working fine..which it isn't in my case (though works fine on my windows).
- The class requires me to import 3 libraries which I have imported using file->import->existing projects into workspace.
- If I start a new project and use the HelloWorld template to test it, it works fine, builds fine, runs fine.

I have attached a screenshot of the errors.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Re: BInary Not Found (Tried everything) [message #1719985 is a reply to message #1719893] Wed, 13 January 2016 15:24 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
There are multiple programs being run during a build and you haven't told use what is giving you the 127 error code. Presumably it is just being reported by make and the real culprit is the command it is trying to execute.

Error code 127 is supposed to mean "command not found" (http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/exitcodes.html) and likely means the compiler command. Of course, if the compiler doesn't run then you won't get an executable.

Post your build log so we can inspect it.

The easiest way to get a properly configured target, though, is make a new C/C++ executable "Hello World C++" project then replace the code with yours. You've discovered this so why insist on modifying an existing project?

Why are you changing the configuration at all? You said you have Windows so why use Linux? I hope you aren't the sort that says "I did everything you said but changed steps A-Z and can't understand why it doesn't work."
Previous Topic:How to edit the ${filecomment} variable
Next Topic:Type expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '__irq
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:23:55 GMT 2024