Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo tooling with Mars (Failed to read manifest for bundle )
icon4.gif  Virgo tooling with Mars [message #1719330] Thu, 07 January 2016 10:05 Go to next message
Jeff Power is currently offline Jeff PowerFriend
am quite new to the virgo tooling..

installed using http://download.eclipse.org/virgo/snapshot/tooling (Needed for Eclipse Mars)

Created a new bundle project and modified web.xml, a servlet class and the MANIFEST.MF to
Bundle-ClassPath: WEB-INF/classes
Web-ContextPath: /web
Import-Package: javax.servlet.http;version="2.5",
javax.servlet;version="2.5"

then, I exported the WAB using Export -> Web -> WAR File and put it in the pickup directory of virgo server. However, it complaining that it does not have

Caused by: org.eclipse.virgo.nano.deployer.api.core.DeploymentException: Failed to read manifest for bundle from /Users//dev/virgo-tomcat-server-3.6.4.RELEASE/work/deployer/s/global/30/0/VirgoWAB.war

looking for a tutorial or simple steps that covers how to start developing a sample WAB, export as jar/war so that it can be deployed to the a remote virgo server.?

kindly advice
Re: Virgo tooling with Mars [message #1719699 is a reply to message #1719330] Mon, 11 January 2016 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Waibel is currently offline Florian WaibelFriend
Hi Jeff,

I haven't used this Export functionality myself. I doubt it creates valid OSGi WAB artifacts. Some time ago I wrote a "Virgo recipe for "Uploading Files" which you could use as a starting point.

Please drop me a note in case you run into trouble with the recipe.

Regards,
florian
Re: Virgo tooling with Mars [message #1720207 is a reply to message #1719699] Fri, 15 January 2016 08:57 Go to previous message
GianMaria Romanato is currently offline GianMaria RomanatoFriend
Hi Jeff,

The next version of the Virgo Tools will natively support Virgo development using Eclipse PDE Tools.
It will be possible to create Eclipse Plug-in projects, including WABs, using a dedicated wizard in the Virgo category and to eventually export them as binaries using the PDE export wizard File -> Export -> Plugin Development -> Deployable plug-ins and fragments.

If you want to have a look at a snapshot build and give us some feedback, you can download binaries from the build system [1], jobs >= #6, the higher the better.

You will have to create a new Virgo Runtime or (edit the existing one) in order to setup a PDE Target Platform definition.

[1] https://hudson.eclipse.org/virgo/view/Tooling/job/virgo.ide.snapshot.on.branch/

Previous Topic:Virgo 3.6.4.RELEASE is now available
Next Topic:Virgo tooling and servlet 3.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:42:37 GMT 2024