Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Problem on connecting Kura remotely via telnet or mToolkit
Problem on connecting Kura remotely via telnet or mToolkit [message #1718920] Sat, 02 January 2016 13:23 Go to next message
Paolo Patierno is currently offline Paolo PatiernoFriend

Hello,

I'm running Kura emulator from Eclipse on Fedora and all works fine. I'm able to deploy my bundles and use the Web UI.
I'm trying to connect remotely (even if on "localhost") using telnet and/or mToolkit but it doesn't work.
Trying to connect using telnet on port 5002 I receive the "connection refused error". Using mToolkit from Eclipse I receive an error related to the iagent.rpc bundle not installed.
I tried to disable the firewall on Fedora to avoid problems on both ports 5002 and 1450 but it doesn't work.

Any idea ?
Paolo

Re: Problem on connecting Kura remotely via telnet or mToolkit [message #1719052 is a reply to message #1718920] Mon, 04 January 2016 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello Paolo,

The telnet port is sent as command line parameter during OSGi startup. The emulator does not send this parameter, it instead directs all output to the Eclipse console window. You can access the OSGi console in the Eclipse Console pane by simply selecting the pane and pressing enter. If you wan telnet with the emulator, follow these steps:

* Right click on launch file (ex: Kura_Emulator_Linux.launch) and select 'Run As ->Run Configurations...'
* On the '(x) = Arguments' tab, change the program argument from '-console' to '-console 5002'.

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: Problem on connecting Kura remotely via telnet or mToolkit [message #1719287 is a reply to message #1719052] Wed, 06 January 2016 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Dave,

thanks ... you suggestion works fine for telnet problem.
What about mToolkit connection on port 1450 ?

Paolo.
Re: Problem on connecting Kura remotely via telnet or mToolkit [message #1719304 is a reply to message #1719287] Wed, 06 January 2016 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hi Paolo,

Right click on the launch file, and select 'Run As->Run Configurations...'. On the bundles tab, scroll through the Target Platform bundles until you find org.tigris.mtoolkit.iagent.rpc, make sure this is selected. You need this agent running in order to make the mToolkit connection.

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: Problem on connecting Kura remotely via telnet or mToolkit [message #1719387 is a reply to message #1719304] Thu, 07 January 2016 15:27 Go to previous message

Thanks Dave !

Both suggestions work great for me !

Paolo.
Previous Topic:Installing CA certificate
Next Topic:Using Apache Camel AMQP component on Kura
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:10:54 GMT 2024