Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Referencing multiple repository sources
Referencing multiple repository sources [message #1718501] Fri, 25 December 2015 02:40 Go to next message
Kevin Jackson is currently offline Kevin JacksonFriend
I'm trying to get ( github.com/tinyMediaManager ) tinyMediaManager running in Eclipse via EGit and am finding dependency issues everywhere.

The problem: How do I add & reference external classes?

What I've done:
  • I've branched from the repository that I want to work with on-over-to ( github.com/takkun324 ) my own space -- and had cloned that to my hdd with EGit. However, this repository references the developer's other repository-code as well.

Quote:
    SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
    SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
    SLF4J: See ttp://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems: 
    	The method getScraperLanguage() from the type MovieSettings refers to the missing type MediaLanguages
    	The method getScraperLanguage() from the type TvShowSettings refers to the missing type MediaLanguages
    	com.jtattoo cannot be resolved
    	Platform cannot be resolved
    	StringUtils cannot be resolved

at org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager.main(TinyMediaManager.java:175)

The getScraperLanguage() function needs to return a "MediaLanguages" type -- defined in the api-scraper repository -- causing the current error.

• Libraries were missing (many jar files) which I eventually solved by manually listing the JAR files from the official download (as Build Path Libraries) that are not present in the Git Repository sources. Not sure if that was "the right way" but it did remove a lot of unknown references.

Considering the files in the GIT repository, I figured it be easier to use Eclipse again but I can barely figure out what I'm doing wrong here (advanced IDEs confuse me). However, I have not dealt with Java or Eclipse since 2006. Embarrassed

Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit
Eclipse Platform: version 3.8.1
Re: Referencing multiple repository sources [message #1718697 is a reply to message #1718501] Tue, 29 December 2015 10:40 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
If the project you cloned doesn't compile this is surely not EGit's fault,
talk to the maintainers of this project to find out what's wrong.
Previous Topic:Merge Tool
Next Topic:How do I compare two different repository?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 21:29:20 GMT 2024