Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » EWL: How to load an EVL script
EWL: How to load an EVL script [message #1718484] Thu, 24 December 2015 13:55 Go to next message
Alireza Rouhi is currently offline Alireza RouhiFriend
Hi,

Merry Christmas,

I want to load and execute immediately an EVL script just after a wizard application. Is it possible? How can I do that?

Kind regards,
Alireza

[Updated on: Fri, 25 December 2015 08:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EWL: How to load an EVL script [message #1719032 is a reply to message #1718484] Mon, 04 January 2016 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Hi Alireza,

EWL cannot directly invoke EVL scripts as far as I know, but there a few other ways in which you could achieve that effect. One simple way would be advising your users to save after applying the wizard and then making sure that your EVL script is run after each save, for instance. See the "Recipes" section at the end of this article:

http://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/evl-gmf-integration/

Another way would be defining a custom EOL tool that invokes the EVL script and using it at the end of the wizard. Custom EOL tools are discussed here:

http://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/examples/index.php?example=org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.tools

You'd have to define the custom EOL tool in a new plugin that depends on org.eclipse.epsilon.evl.engine. Have a look at the EvlLaunchConfigurationDelegate class in Epsilon to see how to run EVL scripts programmatically Smile.

Kind regards,
Antonio
Re: EWL: How to load an EVL script [message #1719043 is a reply to message #1719032] Mon, 04 January 2016 16:40 Go to previous message
Alireza Rouhi is currently offline Alireza RouhiFriend
Hi Antonio,

Thank you very much. I hope your suggestions and tricks resolve my problems.

Kind regards,
Alireza
Previous Topic:EWL: How to speed up the wizards' load time
Next Topic:EWL: How to run a sample wizard in UML Designer & Eclipse Mars
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:13:44 GMT 2024