Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Best way to retrieve MAC Address(there seem to be a number of ways, not all available publically)
Best way to retrieve MAC Address [message #1718163] Mon, 21 December 2015 00:15 Go to next message
paul stanton is currently offline paul stantonFriend
Hi All,

What is the tidiest way to retrieve the primary MAC address of the system?

Searching the API I found org.eclipse.kura.core.util.NetUtil which doesn't seem to be available for bundles to access

and org.eclipse.kura.system.SystemService has a method, but i can't seem to reference it via my component.xml:
<reference bind="setSystemService" cardinality="1..1" interface="org.eclipse.kura.system.SystemService" name="SystemService" policy="static" unbind="unsetSystemService"/>
I'm positive I should be able to reference this service, but can't find any examples to work from.

I can always write my own mac implementation, but that wouldn't be effective use of the api.

Would love to see an example project doing this...

thanks, paul.
Re: Best way to retrieve MAC Address [message #1718195 is a reply to message #1718163] Mon, 21 December 2015 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Hi Paul,

Yes, it should just work. My guess is you forgot to import the org.eclipse.kura.system package in your bundle's MANIFEST?

[Updated on: Mon, 21 December 2015 08:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Best way to retrieve MAC Address [message #1718758 is a reply to message #1718195] Tue, 29 December 2015 20:06 Go to previous message
paul stanton is currently offline paul stantonFriend
yes, that was it. sorry i worked this out not long after the post and forgot to re-visit.
Previous Topic:Starting demo heater bundle on Raspberry Pi
Next Topic:Installing CA certificate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 01:47:39 GMT 2024