Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Configuring Jubula for website testing with Firefox and IE11(While both browsers start, any attempt to run tests fails)
Configuring Jubula for website testing with Firefox and IE11 [message #1717304] Fri, 11 December 2015 13:51 Go to next message
kk kk is currently offline kk kkFriend
I am experiencing a blocker when trying to run any kind of test with either Firefox or IE11.

Setup

• Latest Jubula has been installed standalone, using its embedded database for now
  • New test project created (HTML-based)
  • AUTs created (one for Firefox, one for IE11)
  • Testsuite with only one test step created: ub_brw_openURL; URL-parameter set to an existing and accessible URL

Situation

• Both IE and Firefox do start when asked to via Jubula and open the page defined in the AUT configuration.
  • Trying to execute the "test suite" (i.e. navigating to the URL specified in ub_brw_openURL) fails for both browsers (with different error messages)

I seem to be doing something completely wrong, as HTML-testing is advertised by Jubula, so it should work somehow, but I fail to see, how to accomplish this very first and very important step.

Any ideas?
Re: Configuring Jubula for website testing with Firefox and IE11 [message #1717459 is a reply to message #1717304] Mon, 14 December 2015 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi there,

can you show what errors are coming, and the log entries (from your home/.jubula directory) for the AUT Agent and HTML logs when the errors occur?

Thanks,
Alex
Re: Configuring Jubula for website testing with Firefox and IE11 [message #1718188 is a reply to message #1717459] Mon, 21 December 2015 07:28 Go to previous message
kk kk is currently offline kk kkFriend
Varying: The browsers indicate errors on test execution, while Jubula itself just indicates a problem running the AUT after trying to execute the aforementioned simple test case. The AUTs, however, did start just fine - but running tests fails.

I already tried running FF with a separate profile, but to no avail.

⇒ I have difficulties in "cleanly" running any browser-based AUT.

Is there any documentation on how to _cleanly_ setup an AUT for HTML testing, especially with a focus on FF and/or IE11? Online-help is not very informative regarding this scenario.
Previous Topic:Christmas and New Year
Next Topic:Cross-platform (Linux-Windows) RCP testing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:54:46 GMT 2024