Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » pure plugin project
pure plugin project [message #1717273] Fri, 11 December 2015 10:46 Go to next message
Maksim Melnik is currently offline Maksim MelnikFriend
Hello oomph community,

my userstory is to create separated project for git-clone and workspace import (which i m done with) and another project which only adds plugins into the installation.
So, the user should be able to select the git-clone project and plugin project at the same time and an eclipse environment with proper projects and plugins will be installed.
So i just need a .setup file which only installs plugins and nothing else.

My idea was to create an empty setup project and then just edit the P2-Director task ( screnshot 1)
But when i started the installer i couldnot chose the plugin option.

Then i tried just deleting the git task and leaving the rest (screenshot 2), but when i chose both projects , the installations runs through without any git projects in workspace.

Is there something i am doing wrong ? Am I using wrong approach ?
Re: pure plugin project [message #1717408 is a reply to message #1717273] Sun, 13 December 2015 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Nittka is currently offline Alexander NittkaFriend
From your post, it is hard to understand what the actual problem is. What do you mean by "But when i started the installer i could not chose the plugin option."?
You have created two setup files, correct? Are they both visible on the project selection page? Have you made sure that they do not have the same ID or name (I am not sure if this might cause a problem when trying to install them simultaneously)?
Why do both setups have a P2-task for the same feature from different update sites?
You write that you deleted the git clone task. Why do you then expect git projects in the workspace (I do not see a project import task either)?

I guess you know that you can add local setup files to the user projects, so why don't you start with a minimal setup file, add it to the user projects, install a new Eclipse from that, add one setup task at a time and execute the setup task in that fresh Eclipse in order to check that it has the effect you expect.

There is no general problem with installing different project setups at the same time, even if they both contain the same task types (e.g. both containing P2-Tasks). I do that frequently in order to have additional tooling available.

Alex

Need training, onsite consulting or any other kind of help for Xtext?
Go visit http://xtext.itemis.com or send a mail to xtext@itemis.de
Re: pure plugin project [message #1717499 is a reply to message #1717273] Mon, 14 December 2015 11:53 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Maksim,

On the Project page, the user is selecting a Project's Stream, so if you
have a Project without at least one Stream, there's nothing the user can
select.

On 11/12/2015 11:46 AM, Maksim Melnik wrote:
> Hello oomph community,
>
> my userstory is to create separated project for git-clone and workspace import (which i m done with) and another project which only adds plugins into the installation.
> So, the user should be able to select the git-clone project and plugin project at the same time and an eclipse environment with proper projects and plugins will be installed.
> So i just need a .setup file which only installs plugins and nothing else.
>
> My idea was to create an empty setup project and then just edit the P2-Director task ( screnshot 1)
> But when i started the installer i couldnot chose the plugin option.
>
> Then i tried just deleting the git task and leaving the rest (screenshot 2), but when i chose both projects , the installations runs through without any git projects in workspace.
>
> Is there something i am doing wrong ? Am I using wrong approach ?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:P2 Director fails during startup due to a conflicting (JVM?) dependency
Next Topic:Project setup with sub projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 02:39:32 GMT 2024