Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » How to Rebase Continue in Mars?(The context menu doesn't seem to have the rebase -> continue option anymore)
How to Rebase Continue in Mars? [message #1717225] Thu, 10 December 2015 20:36 Go to next message
Erick Hagstrom is currently offline Erick HagstromFriend
I just moved to Mars, did a rebase and had a conflict to resolve. Did that, added the file to the index just like always, then went back to the Git perspective to continue the rebase. Right-clicked on the repo as I would in Luna, and looked for the Rebase context menu entry so I could select Continue. It's not there.

So how does one continue a rebase after resolving conflicts these days?
Re: How to Rebase Continue in Mars? [message #1717230 is a reply to message #1717225] Thu, 10 December 2015 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A colleague pointed me to the Git Staging view. It has a Continue button. Never needed it before (cuz I used the context menu) but I'll be using it frequently hereafter.
Re: How to Rebase Continue in Mars? [message #1717439 is a reply to message #1717230] Sun, 13 December 2015 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
You are facing https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=470013 which was fixed recently.
The fix will be shipped with 4.2, you can also update to the nightly which already has this fix

http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates-nightly
Re: How to Rebase Continue in Mars? [message #1717506 is a reply to message #1717439] Mon, 14 December 2015 13:02 Go to previous message
Oh! Ok, didn't even occur to me that this behavior might not have been intended. I expected some behavioral differences, just figured this was one of them.

Thanks for the info!
Previous Topic:unable to install in eclipse luna
Next Topic:MissingObjectException after NAS failover
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:06:45 GMT 2024