Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » eclipse.exe disappeared after update?(eclipse.exe disppeared affter update)
icon9.gif  eclipse.exe disappeared after update? [message #1716461] Fri, 04 December 2015 04:10 Go to next message
Arthur Chan is currently offline Arthur ChanFriend
Hi.

I updated eclipse.exe and now I have lost eclipse.exe altogether.

Luckily I still have my work folder.

Can someone help?
Re: eclipse.exe disappeared after update? [message #1716463 is a reply to message #1716461] Fri, 04 December 2015 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Can you provide more detail on how you updated eclipse.exe? There should be an entire tree of files along with it.

Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: eclipse.exe disappeared after update? [message #1716525 is a reply to message #1716463] Fri, 04 December 2015 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arthur Chan is currently offline Arthur ChanFriend
Yes, there were a few of them, I simply updated all of them rather than select one or the other.

At the end, the update-app said to reboot the computer to complete the update.

When the laptop rebooted, eclipse.exe has disappeared.

I am downloading a the latest eclipse and start over again, luckily, workspace is still there.

Please remind me, when I have the latest eclipse installed again, all I need is to import the java projects from the old workspace into the new workspace?

[Updated on: Fri, 04 December 2015 14:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: eclipse.exe disappeared after update? [message #1716554 is a reply to message #1716525] Fri, 04 December 2015 19:13 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Arthur Chan wrote on Fri, 04 December 2015 14:51
Yes, there were a few of them, I simply updated all of them rather than select one or the other.

A few of what? Please describe in detail what you did, what prompted it, etc.

Quote:
At the end, the update-app said to reboot the computer to complete the update.
When the laptop rebooted, eclipse.exe has disappeared.

No Eclipse function would ever request a reboot. Your definition of "update eclipse.exe" obviously means something that we don't understand; don't assume we saw whatever you did.

Quote:
I am downloading a the latest eclipse and start over again, luckily, workspace is still there.
Please remind me, when I have the latest eclipse installed again, all I need is to import the java projects from the old workspace into the new workspace?

It's note even that complicated; when you first start Eclipse it will prompt you for a workspace, just select your existing workspace and go.
Previous Topic:Converting HTML5 to an Android App
Next Topic:Java version for Eclipse PHP on MAC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 24 11:10:15 GMT 2019