Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Debug perspective behavior on thread context change(What is the expected behavior of the debug perspective?)
Debug perspective behavior on thread context change [message #1716301] Wed, 02 December 2015 18:29
J.R. Heisey is currently offline J.R. HeiseyFriend
My primary experience is with Visual Studio. I would like to know the expected behavior of the CDT debug perspective.

I am using a customized version of the CDT debugger launcher for an embedded system. I am running Eclipse on Windows. When the thread scheduler of the embedded environment does a thread context switch the Eclipse Debug perspective does not automatically change the focus to the source file which is relevant to the new thread context.

I am expecting the Debug perspective to automatically switch the focus to the appropriate source file. I can see in the process view which thread is active. Which I click on that thread in the process view then the source file focus is switched.

What is the behavior when debugging a multi threaded Windows or Linux application? I have yet to get the Debug perspective to work on Windows since I am focused on this custom embedded environment.

Thanks,
J.R. Heisey
Previous Topic:doesn't hit breakpoint at vTaskStartScheduler()
Next Topic:Help pls...linking to a lib is not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:26:58 GMT 2024