Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » WSDL data set for BIRT(Unable to obtain results from Weather service)
WSDL data set for BIRT [message #1716180] Wed, 02 December 2015 01:03
Randy Leonard is currently offline Randy LeonardFriend
I am creating WSDL-based data sources for BIRT within Eclipse/Mars, which should be easy. Am following the steps exactly as provided on the following page:

http (slash/slash) developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub31-dev/DAG/index.html#page/DAG%2Faccessing-data-webservice.10.4.html%23

I've successfully created the Web Services Data Source by providing the following WSDL location in the dialog box used for creating new data sources:

http (slash/slash) www.webservicex.net/WeatherForecast.asmx?WSDL

The connection tests fine, so on to creating a Data Set using this Data Source. The WSDL Operations appear correctly, and I select 'WeatherForcastSoap/GetWeatherByZipCode'. I have a valid connection, as I am next prompted to select ZipCode as my SOAP Parameter. All is good... so far.

I next create my SOAP Request and hard-code a zip code parameter of '94044', then select default values for the SOAP Response (e.g. 'Use operation response schema...', and 'Query Web Services at SOAP end point'). See attached screen shot.

The next screen, unfortunately, provides an error message of "XML data source cannot be retrieved'. See attached screen shot.

This is pretty simple stuff, and I believe I've followed the instructions quite literally, as provided via the link given above. Any pointers would certainly be appreciated.

Previous Topic:Problem display component Line Chart
Next Topic:Cross tab in BIRT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:47:30 GMT 2024