Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Copying notes during rewrite(Does jgit support copying notes during commit re-write?)
Copying notes during rewrite [message #1715733] Wed, 25 November 2015 14:54 Go to next message
Basavaraj Karadakal is currently offline Basavaraj KaradakalFriend
Hi All,
We are using gerrit 2.9 which uses jgit 3.4.0 . Git supports copying of notes attached to a commit when the commit is re-written by amend or rebase. The references for which notes are re-written is configured in notes.rewriteRef configuration option. Rewriting of notes work in 'Cgit' but does not seem to work with 'Jgit'.
When we upload changes for review in gerrit, we attach some attributes to the commit in a special notes reference and push it to gerrit. Some times changes get rebased on gerrit web interface which I belive is through jgit. During such rebases the notes are not getting copied. I have set the notes.rewriteRef to the right notes reference on the repo clone managed by Gerrit.
I am not sure if this is something supported in Jgit. Has anyone able to use this feature in general with Jgit? Is this supported? Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Basavaraj
Re: Copying notes during rewrite [message #1716747 is a reply to message #1715733] Mon, 07 December 2015 22:53 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
notes.rewriteRef is not yet supported by jgit
Previous Topic:repo cloned from "origin", now not certain how to properly switch to fork/master
Next Topic:Merging fix branch to master: What's the diff between selecting a local branch or a remote branch?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 05:41:40 GMT 2024